No Smoking charge 250.00, curious if anyone has

helicopter

We were on the Freedom last month in an aft wrap. Our neighbors (to the side, not aft) were smoking in their room, we could smell it in the little room that had both of our doors in it. My husband and I both smoke and our friends do also, one even smokes cigars. We always smoked on our balcony around the corner from our door. Everytime we returned to our room, as we were putting the card in the door, the smell was over powering. However, you couldn't smell it in our room. Wondered if they got socked with a charge. There was no denying that they were smoking in their room.

Also, I got a cold on the last 2 days of our trip, so I wasn't smoking at all. An ex smoker can always tell when someone is smoking and the smell was from their room, not ours. It was horrible!!! BTW, we both quit upon return and have been smoke free since!!! more $$ to cruise

I am a nonsmoker and due to sinus problems have a terrible sense of smell but,I can still smell cigarettes.

Looking for cars last year we opened a door on one that I smelled before I ever got in. Salesman said ,"don't worry we have a drum of Febreeze",I said "No,I can't stand the smell of Febreeze either".LOL

I would think it would be very evident if someone was smoking in their room.

We cruised in mid-Oct, right before the no-smoking in the cabin rule was implemented. Our cabin steward told us that the main reason for the new rule was to prevent a fire hazard from passengers smoking in bed and then falling asleep.

We cruised in mid-Oct, right before the no-smoking in the cabin rule was implemented. Our cabin steward told us that the main reason for the new rule was to prevent a fire hazard from passengers smoking in bed and then falling asleep.

Which is the most logical reason!

Quit smoking 18 years ago. And yes,,we can smell if smoke was in a room. Heck witht he car windows open we can tell it the person in the car in front of us has a person smoking int he car. It is actually amazing how far away you can smell it from.

I dont know anyone that smokes that takes cruises,,but when I worked,,12 years ago,, I do know a lady in my work group that got nailed for smoking in a hotel room and she had to pay.

Last summer I had a land vacation. The Hotelin Calgary was a no smoking hotel. When we walked into our room it smelled of ciggys. I made the manager come up right away to smell it,,so we wouldn't get charged.

You are right, apparantly the answer is no one ;) I think most of us have become more diligent than to smoke in the cabin.

We were on the Carnival Dream 18-25 Feb 12. I had daily trips to the Purser's desk to resolve an OBC issue that took all week. On Wed or Thurs of the cruise there was a couple next to me at the Purser's desk, who had a Spa Cabin. The couple was having a heated argument with the purser personnel, as apparently the couple was fined for smoking in the spa cabin. The guy stated if he had to pay a fine he would keep smoking. The Purser was explaining the Spa cabins are no smoking anywhere. I didn't stay to hear how the issue was resolved.

We were on the Carnival Dream 18-25 Feb 12. I had daily trips to the Purser's desk to resolve an OBC issue that took all week. On Wed or Thurs of the cruise there was a couple next to me at the Purser's desk, who had a Spa Cabin. The couple was having a heated argument with the purser personnel, as apparently the couple was fined for smoking in the spa cabin. The guy stated if he had to pay a fine he would keep smoking. The Purser was explaining the Spa cabins are no smoking anywhere. I didn't stay to hear how the issue was resolved.

Good grief. There's no cabin smoking in the first place. But spa cabins and their balconies are supposed to be smokefree too!! The occupant was clearly in the wrong and got caught.

What I meant by "no one" was nobody here is admitting it, so I said that.

I'm sure the stewards probably put 2 and 2 together......if they've seen your smokes lying around the room as they clean AND your room reaks of smoke, not passerby smoke, but funky old cigarette-butt smoke, then you will probably get charged the surcharge.

Some of you must have noses better then a coon hound. Really don't know how you all survived all these years.

That made me LAUGH! I read one post where a person had such terrible sinus problems that she could not smell anything.....except cigarette smoke of course. Really?

Essie brings up a good point. Both DH and I have quit smoking. What if our neighbors smoke on their balcony and the smell comes into our cabin while our balcony door is open. It would cause our cabin to smell of cigarettes. Would we be charged??

Actually if your balcony door is closed (like it's supposed to be) there won't be any smoke getting into your room.

Archived