Dreams resort Los Cabos?

bigedwin

Hi

Just looking for recent experiences here!

We are considering doing a Day pass here this month!

How is the resort and how far from port?

How about the facilities and the beach there? Is the beach nice? Calm?

TIA

Ed

I haven't been there but I do know where it is. It is locatef between the towns of Cabo and San Jose so about 10-15 miles from the marina where the tender port is. Expect about a $25 cab ride each way.

You can check out the recent reviews on Trip Advisor. click here http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152515-d482539-Reviews-Dreams_Los_Cabos_Suites_Golf_Resort_Spa-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

Thanks for the link!

I was surprised to hear the beach there is to dangerous to use!

Does anybody has a suggestion of a Hotel that might have a Day pass with a swim able beach?

Thanks Again!

Thanks for the link!

I was surprised to hear the beach there is to dangerous to use!

Does anybody has a suggestion of a Hotel that might have a Day pass with a swim able beach?

Thanks Again!

Almost all of the beaches in the Cabo area are not swimmable. There is huge surf and a deadly undertow that many people ignore. We hear reports every year about people that don't make it after atempting to swim there.

The only swimmable beach in Cabo is Medano, the main beach that is lined with resorts and beach bars. Most of the resorts are timeshare resorts and they do not allow non-guests to use their pool area, taking up chairs that the owners need.

If your main objective is to swim in the sea, I would just head over to the beach and pick one of the beach bars to sit and spend the day. All of them allow you to use their lounge chairs and umbrellas as long as you are buying food and drinks. The wild ones are Mango Deck and Billygans. More laid back are Baja Cantina, Sand Bar, Medano Beach Club and Tabascos. They are all within an easy walk of each other so just pick the one that looks best for your group.

If you must have a pool, then the ME Resort is the only one right there that sells day passes depending on their occupency. Of course during a busy time like spring break when they are full, they won't do this. I've seen the cost anywhere between $30-$50/pp which is then applied to your bill at the end of the day. This is expensive compared to what you will pay at one of the beach bars for better food and drinks.

My favorites are Tabascos and the Baja Cantina which are at opposite ends of the beach.

Archived