Star Scotch question

gmm1tb

Searched but can't find a recient answer... I'm a frequent RCCL cruiser and enjoy my Single Malt Scotch. RCCL has the Champagne Bar which carries a number of top shelf/High-end bottles. So far all I've found is that Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are available on the Star. Has anyone found any other labels?

Not sure what they had on the Jewel or Sky but I do know I near had a coronary when my 21 DD had a glass of Johnnie Walker green for $18.

Not so much the price, just that I do not buy $18 scotch for my daughter (I am still paying her college bills) I reserve that for me. I told her stick with her drink of the day or pay for them herself <G>

Have not been on the Star, but on the Pearl Feb. 2012 at the Maltings bar, there were a few decent choices, pricey and miserly pours.

I suffered with the Glennfiddich in my cabin bar set up. Could of been worse, coulda been Dewars:eek:

Searched but can't find a recient answer... I'm a frequent RCCL cruiser and enjoy my Single Malt Scotch. RCCL has the Champagne Bar which carries a number of top shelf/High-end bottles. So far all I've found is that Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are available on the Star. Has anyone found any other labels?

Sadly I think you're in for some disappointment. On our recent Pearl cruise all I could get was Johnny Black, red and blue plus Glenlivet and Glenfiddich. Oh there was also Wild Turkey. This is one area where Carnival has it all over NCL. Carnival had a great selection including my favorite - Bowmore.

Sadly I think you're in for some disappointment. On our recent Pearl cruise all I could get was Johnny Black, red and blue plus Glenlivet and Glenfiddich. Oh there was also Wild Turkey. This is one area where Carnival has it all over NCL. Carnival had a great selection including my favorite - Bowmore.

Did you go to Maltings Whiskey Bar?

I saw a few selections that looked interesting, and about $25.00 per pour and up.

Off the Jewel a couple of weeks ago, maltings bar had a decent, not perfect selection. I remember GlenFiddich, Glenlivet, and all the johnnys. I think I saw either Bowmore or Laphroig, but cant swear to that.

Nice bourbon selection, including Bookers, one of my favorites.and was only 8.00 a pour, not to shabby!

• 7 months later...
Not sure what they had on the Jewel or Sky but I do know I near had a coronary when my 21 DD had a glass of Johnnie Walker green for $18.

Not so much the price, just that I do not buy $18 scotch for my daughter (I am still paying her college bills) I reserve that for me. I told her stick with her drink of the day or pay for them herself <G>

At least she has good taste in Scotch.

Really? Laphroaig? if so, I will be in heaven! Anyone going on Jewel let me know! I guess you can't bring your own Scotch, like you can wine or soda? I've only ever traveled on RCCL, and you can't bring ANYTHING on there...so this is all new to me!

Katie

Really? Laphroaig? if so, I will be in heaven! Anyone going on Jewel let me know! I guess you can't bring your own Scotch, like you can wine or soda? I've only ever traveled on RCCL, and you can't bring ANYTHING on there...so this is all new to me!

Katie

Nope. You can take all the soda and water you want for free, and all the wine you want if you pay corkage, but no beer or hard alcohol

Archived