Daily Wine Tastings in Cellar Masters

illiniwahoo

I've been reading the Equinox Celebrity Today information (Thanks rspro!). It seems like every evening from about 5pm - midnight there is a different wine tasting in Cellar Masters, Spanish wines, Australian wines, etc.... What's the format of these wine tasting? With the range of times is seems like it's not an organized tasting. Are there just special bottles for pouring? Are they in the wine machines or just at the bar? We will have the Premium Alcohol package, so I'm trying to figure out if we could just go order a glass or two of the wines as part of our package.

I've been reading the Equinox Celebrity Today information (Thanks rspro!). It seems like every evening from about 5pm - midnight there is a different wine tasting in Cellar Masters, Spanish wines, Australian wines, etc.... What's the format of these wine tasting? With the range of times is seems like it's not an organized tasting. Are there just special bottles for pouring? Are they in the wine machines or just at the bar? We will have the Premium Alcohol package, so I'm trying to figure out if we could just go order a glass or two of the wines as part of our package.

When we were on Equinox in November, i don't recall Daily Wine Tastings in Cellar Masters, at least not of the type the ship normally promotes. But the Manager of CM was doing some small pours of a flight of wines for a set price, so perhaps that's that it referred to. But i never saw more than 6-8 people in CM at any one time. And the flight pours were not in the Premium Package. They were mostly pouring the higher priced bottles that are not included/by the glass.

As for the machines, i didn't see the wine change during our Cruise, it was the same wine each time we looked at it (and not included in the Premium Package).

But, we did have great luck with getting Wine by the Bottle in the MDR and Blu that wasn't sold by the glass without additional charges.

We did several of these. I don't know how they may or may not apply to a wine package, but the way they work is there are usually 4 wines included in a geographic flight such as Italian, Spanish or Australian. These are usually two reds and two whites and these are poured into four glasses and you sample at your own pace. You can do this individually at anytime during the evening and the pours come from the bar. I would venture that you could have a pour from any of the open bottles for that evening as opposed to doing the flight. The sommelier manning cellar masters on our two Equinox trips before were extremely accommodating and flexible.

Archived