Shark Ray Alley or Cave Tubing????????

stunned

I'm looking through the trips offered through NCL Sea and am undecided between snorkeling or tubing. Anyone done both and have a preference? I love to snorkel, but the caving sounds inviting too. What are the pros and cons of each of these trips?

We could not decide, either. We were signed up with Coral Breeze to do the Shark Ray Alley and then the teenagers decided tubing would be more fun. Since my husband and I were undecided about the sharks (having done the rays in Gr Cayman) we went tubing. We do not regret it at all! I would consider using a local tour company such as CB so you can avoid the cruise ship's crowded tours. There were only 8 people with us so that was really nice.

We have done both and although we had a nice time at shark ray, we preferred the cave tubing. It was more exotic, unusual..something you can't do every day. The sites were beautiful. We went with Reggie tours and had a wonderful time. I guesse we just did so much snorkeling last cruise that by the time we hit belize we were all snorkeled out. Whichever you choose you will probably have a great time but cave tubing was wonderful.

We did the shark/ray alley last week and booked thru NCL Sea. It was a blast, but a word of caution....you really need to be an experienced snorkeler. The current was very rough out near the reef. We did get to see lots of rays, but we didn't see any sharks.:mad: Oh well, maybe next time!! Also, the lunch that they serve on this excursion is wonderful. BBQ chicken, beans and rice, potato salad and tortillas....YUMMY!!:D I'd highly recommend this excursion to anyone who has snorkled before. This is NOT for 1st time snorklelers!!!!

Steph

Archived