What can you tell me about Oasis for 3 year olds?

ShannonSto

I'll be sailing in September with my 3.5 year old twins. Last time we sailed they were just barely 2, and one of my daughters' separation anxiety prevented us from utilizing Camp Carnival. We still had a fun trip, but Sensation doesn't have a lot of things to do with toddlers in tow.

Now I'm booked through on Oasis of the Seas. At first glance, it looks like there's TONS to do with kids (just in case Erin flunks Adventure Ocean the way she did Camp Carnival). Even Adventure Ocean, on paper, looks way better then Carnival's offering. Let's see, carousel, character breakfasts, ice shows, parades, face painting...am I missing anything?

Experienced RCI Mommies, please give me your best tips for young cruisers.

Thanks in advance

I have been on the Allure twice. So, hopefully the offerings are pretty much the same between it and the Oasis. In addition to what you mentioned, there is also a Dreamworks Sailaway Party on embarkation day and a Dreamworks themed show in the Aquatheater (acrobats, diving, characters) on the last day. There are Dreamworks movies (Puss N Boots, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, etc) that are shown both in the 3D theater and on the stateroom television. Plenty of Dreamworks character appearances throughout the cruise. A blacklight puppet show on the last day of the cruise in the Adventure Ocean theater. Several themed "family festivals" on the Boardwalk, where they do balloon animals, do the facepainting you mentioned, have people dressed up as things like superheroes and pirates. And, have cotton candy and popcorn for sale too. On the Allure boardwalk, next to the Aquatheater was a small playground that is perfect for toddlers -- stairs, crawl through a long tunnel, and a slide. Don't forget about the H20 Zone water area that the kids will love. And, there is putt putt golf course near the zipline and Flowrider, which includes a separate toddler friendly putting green, with smaller putters and larger golf balls.

Archived