Thanksgiving on freedom

Just booked the family for a Thanksgiving Cruise on Freedom of the Seas! This is my wife and my 7th cruise but FIRST for our three children and their significant others as well as our three grandchildren and all are VERY excited!

I'm wondering if Royal does anything "special" on Thanksgiving Day other then what I presume will be the option of a traditional Thanksgiving meal. I would appreciate any feedback you could give.

Thanks!

We were on the Voyager last Thanksgiving and other than a traditional turkey meal the only other special activity was a short skit on the promenade where they pardoned a turkey (actually one of the activity staff dressed as a turkey).

Loved being on the Freedom over Thanksgiving......no stress!:) Also, if you're Football Fans they should have the games on. Just make your ground transportation plans early because if you are flying you have to fly into Orlando and it's quite a drive to Port Canaveral.

We were on the Voyager last Thanksgiving and other than a traditional turkey meal the only other special activity was a short skit on the promenade where they pardoned a turkey (actually one of the activity staff dressed as a turkey).

Thanks Trabeler. That's what I thought but I'm sure we'll have a great time!

Loved being on the Freedom over Thanksgiving......no stress!:) Also, if you're Football Fans they should have the games on. Just make your ground transportation plans early because if you are flying you have to fly into Orlando and it's quite a drive to Port Canaveral.

Thanks Swedish1. Yes big football fans! Wonder if they'll show them in Studio B? Also, we are flying in a day early so should be all set.

The other neat thing about being on Freedom over Thanksgiving is waking up the next morning to see the ship decked out for Christmas. We sailed over Thanksgiving 2 years ago and loved being able to take pics in front of the giant Christmas tree on the Promenade!

The other neat thing about being on Freedom over Thanksgiving is waking up the next morning to see the ship decked out for Christmas. We sailed over Thanksgiving 2 years ago and loved being able to take pics in front of the giant Christmas tree on the Promenade!

Awesome! Never thought of that. Grandkids will love it!

Thanks Swedish1. Yes big football fans! Wonder if they'll show them in Studio B? Also, we are flying in a day early so should be all set.

Yes, they had the games on in Studio B but they may have them on a big screen by the pool area as well. I would recommend staying in Port Canaveral. You can also get one way rental cars from Orlando to Port Canaveral as well as for your return.

They showed them on the big screen - was on Freedom last Thanksgiving and very much enjoyed hanging out on the pool deck watching football as the sun went down :)

Archived