Anyone just off the Dream

tkabrk

I don't have any pictures, but we were in #3210 cove and loved it. If you want to be able to watch the action in port book an even cabin number and you'll be on the right side. It was fun to watch all the people coming back to the ship. There are pictures of the cove balconys on some of the reviews on the deck plans.

We sailed in August on the Dream and LOVED it! We were on deck 7 (Empress) cabin 7340 (exactly midship). We were around a group of elevators and one night there were kids hanging around and being loud. I called guest services and they had someone there within 5 minutes to get the kids to move along. I found all of the staff to be very friendly. My DH and I sailed with out two sons 14 & 12 at the time. They loved Circle C and really enjoyed the girl working in there.

The Dream is so pretty on the inside. I love all the mosaic tile work throughout. Yes, we had to wait for the elevators, but I wanted to always take the elevators in the lobby, the ones that have glass you can see outside of. Any of the other elevators, didn't have to wait for.

We didn't eat in the steakhouse. We did eat in the MDR for 4 nights, we did not do elegant nights, nor the first night. The servers were excellent, always kept our drinks refilled (beer for my DH, soda for the kids and I). We had anytime dining. The only issue there, is my father in law was on the ship with us and when we went for dinner, we all had to be there, they would not seat us until my father in law and his wife were with us, but once they got there, we sat right down. I thought the food was very good and not cold.

I would love, and I mean love to sail the Dream again. We had Butch and Amy (6'3") as our CD and ACD. They are on the Legend now. But all the entertainment staff made it very fun.

What I didn't like, and this is no fault of Carnival, we were right behind Hurricane Irene coming back to port. Seas were very, very rough! To the point, I was in tears. I do not know how I was able to sleep that night, cause I was a nervous wreck. Another passenger fell and broke her arm, it was very rough. Of course all the kids loved it, they loved being in the pool while the water was rockin and rolling. I went shopping in the shops to take my mind off of things, I asked the girls in the shop if they were used to the motion, they told me they had never felt it like that before and both had worked on the Dream from the onset.

You will have a blast! Just make it what you make it. We did WC, the tender in Belize was less to be desired, but if you have to tender, you have to tender.

This was great to read!! We will be in the same room with boys from 12-14. Was a little worried about the YTD and waiting times. Also great that the club was fun. We have had mixed results with that in the past. A good leader makes all the difference. We sail in June.

Archived