Drinks package for one

We are thinking of travelling on the Independence this summer and my hubby would like to purchase one of the drinks packages as he would like to enjoy a few drinks guilt free. However I do not drink (I will have maybe 1 drink every couple of months) due to the medication I am on. Anything more than one drink makes me ill, and I cant drink on a regular basis (2 nights in a row, or even twice in the same week) without getting ill. So here are my questions:

If my partner purchases a alcoholic drinks package will I have to get one too?

My Dr is happy to provide a note explaining that I cant drink with my medication. Will RCCL accept this?

If they do accept it will I be stopped from having any alcoholic drinks on board? I mean I would like to have a glass wine on a special evening, not drink every night.

I understand why their policy is such, they don't want 2 people sharing a drinks package only 1 person paid for, and I am not out to try and beat the system. I am will pay for any drink I have, but if I am only likely to have 1 glass of wine the whole cruise I don't want to pay £30 a day for a package I wont use. Likewise whilst I am happy not drinking, but I would like the option of a small glass of wine if we ate at a speciality restaurant. I will be on holiday after all.

I was on the Indy at Christmas. They do not like it but a couple I met took their doctor note to guest services and the medical facility and they finally allowed it. I don't think they could ever track if you had a glass of wine on the cruise. On my cruise, some people were ordering many drinks at once so you could see how the program was abused.

Archived