Carnival Sunshine???

big_duck

I think it's really weird that they would decide to re-name the Destiny. I wonder why they would do that. Is there some stigma associated with the Destiny that I'm not aware of? If they had re-named the Splendor after the fire... I would have understood that. Or renamed the entire Costa line... Totally understandable. But renaming the Destiny. I don't get it.

Why is the ship's name being changed anyways? Trying to clear its bad reputation?

Thats been my opinion since I first heard it was going overseas.

So have they scrapped the plan to send it to europe and just plan to do a refurb and give it that gawd-awful name?

Thats been my opinion since I first heard it was going overseas.

So have they scrapped the plan to send it to europe and just plan to do a refurb and give it that gawd-awful name?

Well I guess technically the Destiny is going to Europe and not coming back, so I guess that rumour was true.

Everytime I see the name Carnival Sunshine I think Brady Bunch...Sunshine Day or I think...John Denver...Sunshine on My Shoulder.:eek::eek: Oh Brother. :p

My first thought was "Walkin' on Sunshine", oh the songs people will be able to use as ringtones, etc. for their Sunshine cruises!

My first thought was "Walkin' on Sunshine", oh the songs people will be able to use as ringtones, etc. for their Sunshine cruises!

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Wonder if the D.O.D for at least one day of the cruise will be a Tequila Sunrise?:)

I have to say, I am very reserved about what is to be done to the Carnival Destiny.

To any other cruise ship, well, I'd be happy, but the Destiny is just such an important, defining vessel for the cruise industry and indeed, passenger shipping as a whole that it is a shame to see so much of her gone after only 16 years of service.

The Carnival Destiny was the first passenger ship to be built to a size of 100,000 tons. She was the first ship to be built larger than the Queen Elizabeth of 1938, which had reigned as the world's largest passenger ship for 58 years.

While many credit the SS Norway for starting the 'mega-ship' craze, and indeed, she was the first cruise ship to provide a large vessel experience, it was the Carnival Destiny that defined what a mega-ship is today. Only 10 years prior, the Holiday was launched, herself a 'super liner' of her time.

To many, a cruise ship is just a big 'boat' to go and have fun in- for the most part, that is true. But some vessels, like the Carnival DestinyNorway and Voyager of the Seas signify so much more. The signify a great evolution, and to have the ship that started the trend that has led to the boom that we have seen in the cruise industry changed so heavily, is to me at least, a shame.

Triumph to be renamed Moon Beam.

Victory to be renamed Butterfly.

I actually like "Carnival Butterfly".

I'm sure there are worse names than "Carnival Sunshine". (can't think of any right now but I'm certain that when they were batting around new names something much worse was thought of).

Triumph to be renamed Moon Beam.

Victory to be renamed Butterfly.

Ok, I wasn't laughing just yet, but now you DID make me laugh!

Everytime I see the name Carnival Sunshine I think Brady Bunch...Sunshine Day or I think...John Denver...Sunshine on My Shoulder.:eek::eek: Oh Brother. :p

This is what's been running through my head all morning long since I read about the Carnival Sunshine....

Click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegRh8Z4H-o

PEACE! :D

That's really funny.

What I don't understand is why many of the major cruise lines copy each other's names. Carnival Destiny being changed to Carnival Sunshine - not long after RCI announced it's new Sunshine Class? Hmmmmm.

Why is the ship's name being changed anyways? Trying to clear its bad reputation?

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner folks! This is NO coincidence! And I HATE the name Sunshine. Dear God.

It's not as silly as Norwegian Breakaway.

So very true!

Destiny was my first cruise - I don't want them to change her name.

So is NO going to have both the Conquest and Destiny along with Elation? Or is one of the others moving ports too?

Archived