Clam Shell question

ha6124

We reserved a Clam Shell at Half Moon Cay but have a excursion a 8:15 and arrive at the Island at 8:00. I doubt if this will give us enough time to claim the clam shell before the excursion. Will the clam shells be gone by the time we are done with the excursion? Anyone have any suggestions? Should I try to reschedule for a later time?:confused: Just my husband and I are going so I don't have anyone that could claim the clam shell for us during our excursion. Hoping someone that has been there before knows how this works. Thanks for your help.

I would think that your reservation would hold the clam shell until you return UNLESS there is a deadline time for claiming your clam shell on the reservation.....HOWEVER, my experience has been that there are never enough clamshells and there are many - without a reservation - who want one after they get ashore.

Also, the clam shells closest to the busy part of the beach go first and the ones remaining can be a long way down the beach. That may not matter to you, but if you want one conveniently located, the earlier the better.

When we were last there, the clam shells quickly became a "hot item" and very much in demand.

If it were me, I'd be sure what the reservation provided, or go early and claim one before they all get away.

Hope this helps.

I was on the Westerdam sailing 3/27. We had a reservation for a clam shell. We had a scheduled tour for 10:15 (the sting ray, great by the way). My clam shell reservation said that I had to claim it by 11. I was a little later than that, but they still had clam shells left. It was further down the beach, but that was lovely, quiet and nice. There is also a short cut to the lunch place from further down the beach, so that's an advantage. We were happy to have the clam shell.

IMHO if your tour starts at 8, you should have plenty of time to claim your clam shell before they are all gone.

Best to claim it as early as possible to assure you'll have one when you return from the excursion.

I know they say they hold them until 11 am, but I heard people who had reservations complaim the clam shells were all taken before 11 am.

If your ship is the only one at HMC that day you probably won't have a problem, but it's still better to be safe than sorry.

Archived