Ground Transport Rome

mike2611

Does anyone know how much Royal Caribbean charge to transport you from the Port to the airport in Rome?

I can't answer that question, but last year we walked from the port to the train station and went to the airport and I recall it being very inexpensive, maybe 6 or 8 Euros. Many people were doing the same thing. There is one transfer but very easy to do unless you have huge/heavy bags. the walk from the port is about 5 blocks, flat surface and easy to do.

If you are relatively fit and aren't encumbered by huge amounts of baggage, it is easy enough to get to the railway station. From there, you will need to catch a train into Rome and then another one out again to the airport (Fiumucino).

If you aren't able to manage the public transport option there are minivan/taxi operators that can collect you and take you directly to FCO. On our last departure from Civitavecchia there was an imminent national rail strike so just to be on the safe side we arranged a shared minivan - I think the base rate for 2 was about 80 Euros and for 4 of us it was about 120E.

If you are interested, I have the website somewhere (can't post it) and can email it to you. I suspect even the private minivan option will be cheaper than the RCCL option.

• 2 weeks later...

Several years ago 2 of us booked a car service out of Rome to pick us up in

Civitavecchia and take us to our rental apartment in Rome. The car was a Mercedes and we were so pleased with the service we booked the same company to take us to the airport for our flight home. As I recall, the price was about $100 US, without tip. That was about a third less than the ship's bus trip into Rome for 2 people. Also, the bus dropped you at a Metro station some distance from the center of Rome. Check out car services on the internet, that's what we did. Buona fortuna!

There is always a chance of a sciopero it Italy. We ran into a flash one the last time we were in Civitavecchia and had to stay in town as we could not get to Rome by train and it was too late to take a ship's excursion.

Archived