What are my chances of making this flight?

uktog

Need to book a flight from San Francisco to Seattle after our cruise; seems the flights out of Oakland are half the price of San Francisco International

I have the option of an Oakland Flight at 12.42, An International Flight at 13.00 or ones around 15.00 from both airports. Day of flight is a Thursday - what do you think my chances of the 12.42 are - we are in a suite so should be able to disembark quite quickly once the ship is cleared?

If the ship isn't delayed getting back to port, and if disembarkation isn't delayed for some other reason, you'll have time to make it. Have you purchased trip insurance to cover the possibility of delays? If not, I would pick a later flight out if I were you. Then again, I'd definitely purchase trip insurance if I were you, too!:D

Auto traffic both in San Francisco and the East Bay can be bad, particularly if either MLB team is playing.

I would go for the 3pm flight - I'd rather kill a couple of hours waiting for my flight, than be sweating in a cab stuck in a traffic jam.

I would personally take the Oakland flight. The travel times are pretty close to SFO vs OAK.

Oakland is farther by both distance and time, though not by much. The only real trouble spot with Oakland is that you have to get over a bridge. I would anticipate an extra 10-15 minutes with Oakland, at worst. On a typical day, I'd say they're almost the same.

Also, there are a few routes that take you to the Oakland Airport.

Ask your driver if there is a game that day. Unless the driver is 100% absolutely sure there are no games that day, have them take a route avoids the coliseum entrances. It should add less than 5 minutes to your trip.

Thanks -as it is a weekday I assume "games" will not affect us. We always have insurance as we are travelling from the UK sohave to cover everything. We have booked the 12.42 flight and will prearrange our transfer so fingers crossed

uktog

Many of the major league baseball (MLB) are weekday (or evening) games, and create havoc both along the Embarcadero in San Francisco, and the Nimitz Freeway at the Coliseum in Oakland.

I repeat, go for the later flight.

Archived