New Cruise Terminal Singapore

springaussie

The new cruise terminal is located a reclaimed land, known as Marina Coastal Expressway or Marina Coastal Drive. The reason for building the new centre is that the existing one has berths that are too short for the bigger ships exceeding 800m. There is a lot of construction work in this area.

But the new cruise centre is further off from the various attractions, unlike the existing one at Harbour Front, which is close to the MRT, Sentosa (a recreational island) and cable car ride, etc.

Generally, you can go to http://www.streetdirectory.com and key in Marina South Pier (used by boats which is about half a mile from the new cruise centre)

I have a mov file of the new centre and a location map in pdf but it is bigger than the allowed size. If you email me at zennet@hotmail.com, I can send it to you.

Anybody here know where the Sun Princess will dock on May 16th? Will the new terminal be open? Where could I find that information?

Pam

Sun Princess arriving Singapore on 27th May 2012

Docking at the OLD Cruise Center at Harbour Front

can see information at Singapore Cruise Center web page

look for the "schedule"

TK

The new cruise terminal is located a reclaimed land, known as Marina Coastal Expressway or Marina Coastal Drive. The reason for building the new centre is that the existing one has berths that are too short for the bigger ships exceeding 800m. There is a lot of construction work in this area.

But the new cruise centre is further off from the various attractions, unlike the existing one at Harbour Front, which is close to the MRT, Sentosa (a recreational island) and cable car ride, etc.

Generally, you can go to http://www.streetdirectory.com and key in Marina South Pier (used by boats which is about half a mile from the new cruise centre)

I have a mov file of the new centre and a location map in pdf but it is bigger than the allowed size. If you email me at zennet@hotmail.com, I can send it to you.

Do you know if Celebrity will also use the new terminal.?

• 2 weeks later...
7am is the scheduled time.

1120 flight out of Changi means you got to check in 2 hours before, i.e. 0920.

Getting from the cruise terminal to airport during the morning peak, I think you need to budget for 45 minutes.

Which means you need to depart at 0835hrs.

So it all depends when you can get off the ship. If you are very confident of disembarking by say 0800, then I think an 1120 flight out of Changi should be safe.

Thanks so much...many choices of airlines and have to make sure our luggage isn't an issue!:rolleyes:

Changi Airport has 3 terminals (i.e. Terminals 1,2 and 3) plus a Budget Terminal (which is scheduled to close later this year to make way for a new Terminal 4).

Please make sure to double-check which terminal your departing flight is operating from, otherwise you may be faced with unanticipated delays.

Singapore Airlines is sometimes tricky, they fly from both Terminals 2 and 3.

Changi Airport website for easy reference - http://www.changiairport.com/

Changi Airport has 3 terminals (i.e. Terminals 1,2 and 3) plus a Budget Terminal (which is scheduled to close later this year to make way for a new Terminal 4).

Please make sure to double-check which terminal your departing flight is operating from, otherwise you may be faced with unanticipated delays.

Singapore Airlines is sometimes tricky, they fly from both Terminals 2 and 3.

Changi Airport website for easy reference - http://www.changiairport.com/

Thank you so much, you are a wealth of info!

Actually looking at the more local airlines as they're cheaper...just need to figure out the luggage thing!:cool:

Jeani

Thank you so much, you are a wealth of info!

Actually looking at the more local airlines as they're cheaper...just need to figure out the luggage thing!:cool:

Jeani

You're most welcomed.

Well, I am Singaporean and have lived here almost all my life. Glad to be of help.

Speaking of Changi departures, I'm flying off for a work trip on Tuesday and I was just reminded to check which terminal my flight is departing from!!

Anyway, what is this "luggage thing" that is of concern?

Archived