Free flights Price drop?

We booked Med cruise on the Mariner last October or May and took an RCI total package to include flight and transfers Our flight times from Glasgow to Rome via Amsterdam were okay. A couple of weeks ago we received info. that our homecoming flight from Rome was changed resulting us being delayed at Rome 5 hours meaning we have min. of 8 hours wait at the airport We asked our TA to request a different routing through London but this was refused. Now we find because of bookings being down free flights are being offered from London. We asked if we could cancel and rebook through London as the flight from Glasgow to Rome was £450 each ($700) and even with cost of flight to London we would be much cheaper No way we were told! It seems RCI is giving these free flights instead of cabin price drop. Not only have we got lousy return flights but are now paying considerably more. What a way to treat loyal diamond plus customers. Any advice? Do we just grin and bear it!!!!

If you cancel your current booking you will forfeit your deposit as per the UK T&C. It's something I've learnt being a regular cruiser with RCCL : 'new bookings only' means what it says. It's an incentive for people to book at that time. You decide to make a booking and risk factors changing along the way. I've booked air once through RCCL and won't be repeating the experience - I prefer to choose my own airline, route and the possibility of using Air Miles.

And by the way, being a C&A member of any rank does not prefer privileges within this situation.

Archived