Celebrity Solstice Aqua Class Rooms

hospsafe

Looking at booking an Aqua Class room but I am bit concern with most of them being directly below the pools. Or are we better off doing a room in Concierge Class? Ship will be the Solstice. This will be our first Celebrity cruise.

We usually make sure we have rooms below and above us.

We are in room 1624 which from what I have read on the threads is a great room not under the pool. It is aft. Look up the diagram of the ship and you can see where the rooms are then look at the floor above and you can judge for yourself. Going in two weeks will report back how the room was.

I've been in 1624 & 1632. I would recommend going a bit aft of 1624 as we heard thumping bass from the pool band in the afternoon in that room. 1632 was nice and quiet. My mom had 1630 & she said that one was quiet as well.

Our TA advised against being under the pool. Not only do you have the band issue during the day but the crew repositions the deck chairs in the morning and evening when you might want some more peaceful rest.

Agree with the earlier cruiserone. Take a look at the deck plans before you book.

Looking at booking an Aqua Class room but I am bit concern with most of them being directly below the pools. Or are we better off doing a room in Concierge Class? Ship will be the Solstice. This will be our first Celebrity cruise.

Hi Hospsafe,

Aqua Class or Concierge Class is really a personal preference (I am just not that into the "spa" lifestyle that I'd opt for Aqua Class)... so only you can decide what is right for you.

You can find many topics here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD that debates the pros and cons of either class.

Prices are competitive... sometimes Aqua Class costs more, sometimes C-Class does (although technically Aqua Class is above Concierge)

For our first Celebrity Cruise on the Solstice we went Concierge Class (# 1120), and were not disappointed. And we did like the location of the cabins... with other staterooms above and below us... noise was never an issue. I'd certainly be peeved if I was woken up each morning to noise from above be it the Pool Butlers rearranging the furniture, or folks on the treadmills in the Gym (have read stories of both here on CC).

So you'll want to choose your cabin wisely.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

The AQ staterooms aft of the hump are directly under the Suites. That's where I would go for.

On our recent Equinox voyage, I carefully selected my AQ cabin,(from those available) we had cabin 1546.

I wanted a cabin near the elevator (no long walk for my husband, knee/back issue). I also wanted a cabin with the bed near the bathroom.

I looked what was above us, and it was the beauty shop.

We had absolutely no issues with noise from the beauty shop. I would get this cabin again.

We also had AQ directly beneath the beauty salon (1540) and we chose it specifically because we tend to wake up early and go to bed fairly early. Nobody is getting their hair done at 10PM or 7AM, that's for sure.

It was near the elevators, but not close enough to hear chatter. A bonus was the nice view down to the water. No lifeboats and their orange glare bouncing back up at you here.

Very quiet. And close to the Aqua Spa Cafe and Relaxation Lounge too. If we needed starboard again we would book it in a heartbeat.

Happy Cruising,

Alan (and Teresa)

Archived