Playa del Carmen beach vs Cozumel beaches

kajukenbo

I've been to PDC and the beaches are very nice, but for the hassel and expense involved in taking a ferry to the mainland and back - they are not that nice! :o Plenty of wonderful beaches in Coz that are just as good and not near the hassel/expense.

Good luck! :)

If you have been to Cozumel a few times it may be worth taking the ferry to PDC if you want to spend the day on the beach.

The water in PDC is that pretty turquoise color. Cozumel has nice beaches, but playa's are little better IMO. They have some nice beach clubs within walking distance to the ferry. The ferry runs just about every hour. Notice I wrote "just about." It does skip some hours so you would have to check the return times when you get there.

While I like Playa Del Carmen, if I was just considering going for the beaches I would stick with Cozumel so I had more time in Cozumel. Ferry ride is 45 minutes each way. We've had smooth sailings on it but many have reported really rough sailings. I'd stay in Cozumel.

Archived