My Dining Time Changed

It sounds like your cruise may have moved the early dining time to 5:30. They will do this from time to time depending upon how full the ship is. Rest assured you are still on your early dining. However, if it was me I would consider moving to My Time Dining. That way you can eat when you want but all gratuities have to be paid in advance.

Because the cruise is so full they will try to start the main seating early. If you want MTD just keep calling every day and perhaps something will open up. We've even had some success changing to MTD when we check in at the pier and even on the ship.

We have been booked for 15 months in early main dining at 6:00. When I logged in today, It now says Traditional dining 5:30. Is there a difference?

They sometimes move the starting time for early seating to 5:30 and the usual reason for this action is the demographic of the particular cruisers on the sailing. If there is a preponderance of seniors you can probably expect to see the dining hours moved a bit earlier. Also on cruises in other parts of the world where later dinner times are the norm, dining hours may be set later again to accommodate the majority of the passengers onboard. One of the reasons that we have found that My Time Dining works especially well for us, is that it helps us to avoid this type of situation and allows us to dine according to our own schedule.:) If your traditional dining times have changed since you originally booked, you should probably go to the dining room shortly after you board to see if you can change seatings or sign up for MTD.

I see it like this- we live in CST and DST is the day we board. So 5:30 dining is like 3:30 to our internal clock. I hope that makes sense.

And I just received confimation that we got a dinner table by a window.

I will have to heck with the rest of the people in our group that is going to see what they want to do.

Either way. We leave soooooooon!!!!!

Archived