Jewel Aft Suite or Courtyard Suite

fightpiter

Having never been on the Jewel or in a Courtyard Suite I am not sure if that would be preferable to a deck 10 aft suite. Anyone who has been in both please help. We were in an aft suite on the Star and loved it but not sure if the extra amenities with the Courtyard would make it a better choice. We are looking at a Bahamas trip next March out of NYC. Thanks for any input.

The courtyard is nice, but for us, it is the cabin itself that really sets if apart. The aft suites are pretty much one large room. The courtyard, and some other suites on the sides have a totally separate bedroom/bath that is closed off from the living/dining area. Most of the CY/Haven suites also have that small 2nd bedroom as well.

If you and your travel companion have any sleep issues,this setup is awesome. You can get up in the middle of the night and go watch tv, read, etc.

There are those that are hooked on aft cabins. We are not one of them.

Having never been on the Jewel or in a Courtyard Suite I am not sure if that would be preferable to a deck 10 aft suite. Anyone who has been in both please help. We were in an aft suite on the Star and loved it but not sure if the extra amenities with the Courtyard would make it a better choice. We are looking at a Bahamas trip next March out of NYC. Thanks for any input.

We had the Penthouse aft on the Dawn a couple of times.

Very nice view. No complaints.

We had the OS on the Jewel back in Dec. '11. It was awesome.

The courtyard was fantastic! Never many people. When we were

at Great Stirrup Cay, dh and I had the courtyard all to ourselves for quite some time. Then we were got lucky and a lovely couple who had the OS above us showed up and we had the butler serve us all lunch.

That was a great day!

I'm on the Star in two months and picked the Family Suite since it looks like a really nice suite. I like to try different cabins. Can't wait.

What floor were you on when you took the Star?

(I was on the Star back in 2004 and just remember it being a lot like the Dawn)

We're hooked on the Aft view! And, after touring the Courtyard last year, we felt it wasn't really worth the extra money involved. That second bedroom is awesome in the family suites (which we always book when our kids come with us). But, for just the two of us, the Aft suite is awesome!! Can't wait until next month!

Archived