back to back

mcrussdvc

thinking of suprising my wife with a back to back in 2013 :D... but not sure if to do b2b with fantasy or do 1 fantasy (Sat-Sat)and 1 Freedom of Seas (Sun-Sun) and take a day in between..... or do i do the Dream b2b.... oh so many options and I know either one she will be happy with

thinking of suprising my wife with a back to back in 2013 :D... but not sure if to do b2b with fantasy or do 1 fantasy (Sat-Sat)and 1 Freedom of Seas (Sun-Sun) and take a day in between..... or do i do the Dream b2b.... oh so many options and I know either one she will be happy with

We're considering a B2B on the Fantasy. I wouldn't be interested in a B2B on the Dream, as it's only 7 nights total, plus you have a lot of people on each leg trying to do everything in their limited time onboard. Not very relaxing, IMO.

:)

i am pretty sure i will be doing the Fantasy only problem is when in 2013 hopefully can work it so it is Eastern then Western... then balcony or Inside front or back or side...ohhhh the desisions...lol

A crazy thought, but is it logistically feasible to do an inside the first week, and then surprise verandah the second week, especially one of those large aft verandahs (# 10158 / 10658 , etc.)? You pretend to be packing and leaving after the 7th night, going through the motion of debarkation, and then a "surprise" return back to the ship, and then a verandah! :cool:

I might say we are doing a wk on Fanstasy and a wk on Freedom with Royal and since she will feel like a trader to the mouse (like she is now with Oasis) she will be even more suprised when we return to the ship... now if all the planets are aligned properly at the time then all is good... if not its gonna hurt....:eek:

Last summer I did two back to backs on the Freedom of the Seas and a stayed on land a few days and then boarded the Disney Dream for another two back to backs.

When I boarded the Freedom, the Disney Dream was docked facing us. I thought, I should have booked all my weeks on the Dream instead. I found myself thinking about the Dream the entire time I was onboard the Freedom.

Vote for the B2B on the Fantasy ... but then I'm voting from a biased position :D

Last summer I did two back to backs on the Freedom of the Seas and a stayed on land a few days and then boarded the Disney Dream for another two back to backs.

When I boarded the Freedom, the Disney Dream was docked facing us. I thought, I should have booked all my weeks on the Dream instead. I found myself thinking about the Dream the entire time I was onboard the Freedom.

You're my kind of crazy! ;) I thought I was crazy for even considering three cruises ... B2B on the Fantasy, followed by a 10 night cruise with NCL (they have a great deal on) and then a week at WDW was one option I had considered ... but I thought that a cruise with NCL would break up the wonderful Disney mood of our holiday :D ...

You're my kind of crazy! ;) I thought I was crazy for even considering three cruises ... B2B on the Fantasy, followed by a 10 night cruise with NCL (they have a great deal on) and then a week at WDW was one option I had considered ... but I thought that a cruise with NCL would break up the wonderful Disney mood of our holiday :D ...

I love that Disney mood!! :)

I might say we are doing a wk on Fanstasy and a wk on Freedom with Royal and since she will feel like a trader to the mouse (like she is now with Oasis) she will be even more suprised when we return to the ship... now if all the planets are aligned properly at the time then all is good... if not its gonna hurt....:eek:

If you're planning it as a surprise, tell your cabin steward. They put some paper work in your cabin the day before you disembark that refers to the procedures for back to back cruisers and gives information about what to do with your luggage if you're not staying in the same cabin, and getting off in the terminal, etc. Our stateroom host also mentioned on our first day that she had it noted that we were B2B cruisers and would stay on the next leg of the cruise (this was on the Dream).

get the same stateroom for both cruises that way you dont have to pack everything up. do the fantasy b2b. a lot of people were doing b2b on the dream that wanted to go on the new ship and a 3 and 4 night are too short of a cruise. now there is no need to do a b2b on the dream since the fantasy will be here. if you decide to only go for a week do the fantasy.

Archived