Roll Call - Silver Cloud ex Copenhagen on 10 July

kiwiflyer

We will be joining you on "The Cloud" on 10July ex Copenhagen. We are from Maroochydore, Australia, we are also doing 7 nights on "The Whisper" departing Copenhagen 2 July.

Have you been on Silver Sea before?

Georgina

Hi Georgina

No we have not done Silverseas before so we are looking forward to trying it out. We have only done Regent cruises to date but this cruise looked great. With finishing in London Bridge we have a weeks worth of tickets for the Olympics which start the day after we get there.

You will be well and truly into shipboard life by the time you join the Cloud on 10 July.

We are from Auckland.

Cheers

Grant

Grant,

Nice to meet you "a cousie bro" from across the pond. You will not be disappointed in Silver Sea. We were on "The Wind" last year in the Mediterranean, it was our first cruise on SS and it was great. The ports on this cruise look fantastic. It was the trip through the Kiel

Canal that first attracted us to this cruise. Did you know that the cruise is finishing at "The Royal Docks", Greenwich, not "London Bridge"...which is a real shame as I was so looking forward to going under the bridge with champagne in hand and "Rule Britannia" playing out of the ships speakers...it was going to be one of the highlights of the trip....but because of the Olympics and security they will not let SS that far up "The Thames". We are flying back home straight after the cruise. We arrive in London on 22June for 9 days before flying to Copenhagen on 1st July. Where are you staying in CPH and when do you arrive?

It is so nice to meet someone online before the cruise...last cruise no one answered the role call for "The Wind".

Regards, Georgina:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Grant and Georgina,

We'll be looking forward to meeting you in July on the Cloud. This will be our 7th SS cruise & the 5th on the Cloud. If the past is any indication, I'm sure we'll all have a terrific time. FYI, SS is still saying we will dock at Tower Bridge and the Chamber of Shipping News says so too. (http://www.chamber-of-shipping.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=1&Itemid=59) So we can plan on having the champagne ready.

Cheers,

Susan from New York

Susan Hi,

Look forward to meeting you also. This will be our 3rd SS as we are doing the Whisper to the Norwegian Fjords on 2nd July before the Cloud.

I surely hope you are right that we will go to "Tower Bridge". Here in Oz SS are saying that we will dock at Greenwich....but Tower Bridge was going to be the highlight...so I really hope so!!!!

What cabin are you in? We are in 523. Would love to catch up for a drink with you. I am so looking forward to our 23days on SS....I am counting the days, but I guess in actual fact I am wishing my life away by doing this!

Georgina:)

Susan Hi,

Look forward to meeting you also. This will be our 3rd SS as we are doing the Whisper to the Norwegian Fjords on 2nd July before the Cloud.

I surely hope you are right that we will go to "Tower Bridge". Here in Oz SS are saying that we will dock at Greenwich....but Tower Bridge was going to be the highlight...so I really hope so!!!!

What cabin are you in? We are in 523. Would love to catch up for a drink with you. I am so looking forward to our 23days on SS....I am counting the days, but I guess in actual fact I am wishing my life away by doing this!

Georgina:)

When Silversea first announced these itineraries long time ago on their site it did say dock at Greenwich. I noticed it and had a thread here with most responses being disappointed and some said it was due to cost cutting on the high docking fee by the ship Belfast. Some time later they changed to tower bridge on the site. Please do let us know where it really docks so we know whether or not Silversea is cheating us.

When Silversea first announced these itineraries long time ago on their site it did say dock at Greenwich. I noticed it and had a thread here with most responses being disappointed and some said it was due to cost cutting on the high docking fee by the ship Belfast. Some time later they changed to tower bridge on the site. Please do let us know where it really docks so we know whether or not Silversea is cheating us.

I'm not on this cruise so docking doesn't affect me, but I hate to see "Silversea cheating us".....have sailed for many years with Silversea and experienced nothing but first class treatment. Sometimes circumstances beyond their control necessitate changes. And of course they're in business to make a profit. But I've never felt "cheated" in any way.

I'm not on this cruise so docking doesn't affect me, but I hate to see "Silversea cheating us".....have sailed for many years with Silversea and experienced nothing but first class treatment. Sometimes circumstances beyond their control necessitate changes. And of course they're in business to make a profit. But I've never felt "cheated" in any way.

Amen!

Why would you get this upset ? Maybe you don't mind but I hate to be cheated. This thread concerns the feeling of those booked on this itinerary and those who have it in the bucket list like me though I have been there many times. Perhaps this can give some hint: http://www.pla.co.uk/display_fixedpage.cfm/id/16/site/tourism

We are considering the July 26 departure out of "Tower Bridge." But looking at that very informative link, it looks like that may not be the case ... that would be disappointing; I was looking forward to that sail away!

I agree with "dusababy", SS is a great company delivering a first class product...I would have loved to go under the Tower Bridge....but I believe that it is for security reasons that this cruise will not be going there because of the Olympics. I certainly do not feel "cheated" in any way, I cannot understand why "scandun" would say this when not even on the cruise!

I was just hoping that perhaps my info was wrong! Just will have to keep it in my "bucket list" for another time.:) Georgina

I agree with "dusababy", SS is a great company delivering a first class product...I would have loved to go under the Tower Bridge....but I believe that it is for security reasons that this cruise will not be going there because of the Olympics. I certainly do not feel "cheated" in any way, I cannot understand why "scandun" would say this when not even on the cruise!

I was just hoping that perhaps my info was wrong! Just will have to keep it in my "bucket list" for another time.:) Georgina

For me this is so simple, and I don't have to be on this cruise to have this feeling. They know for long time it is not going to happen, then just be honest and put the correct docking berth on the website. Maybe they are so unwilling to do this because there are smaller ships can go where Silversea ship cannot:)

Archived