Maitre D Tip Question

cruisedad2

I read a while back that if you tip the Maitre D that he might share a unique dessert each night with your table. I have a serious illness and would like this cruise to be memorable. How much do I tip him for a more memorable dining experience? Thanks!

I'm so sorry to hear you have a serious illness. I don't have an answer to your question, just wanted to say a little prayer for you that your cruise will be very memorable and everything you want it to be an more.:)

Aloha

Cheryl

to hear about your illness. You may want to do the Chef's Table or the Ultimate Balcony dinner for a truly memorable experience. Expecting the maitre d' to do something special for you is not reasonable.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck, and have a great cruise.

The two are not necessarily related. IF you have a special request, contact the MD when you board and ask for what you are looking for (even as vague as 'my wife has a serious illness, I'd like to make this a little extra special, anything you can do to help will be appreciated." Then, based on the response a tip may be appropriate..

I go meet the Maitre D soon after boarding. I check on our table, see if we can be moved to a window table, explain my very real passion for food and Princess, and thank him with a loaded handshake. We have been treated very well. Little desserts, special pasta dish he just fired, and lots of his personal touches. Works for me. I am sure if you sit down with him and explain your situation, they will go out of their way to treat you well. Just getting to know them seems to work wonders.

Best of luck,

God bless

Archived