Ryndam Self-Service Laundry???

kmw

Its been a while since I sailed on the Ryndam, but when I did, yes, they did have self-service laundries onboard. Not sure how much, but last month on the Volendam, it was $2 to wash and $1 to dry. They do provide soap, which is encouraged for you to use as its bio-degradeable.

We did Ryndam last November after their SOE and they did infact have self service laundry. Usually very busy places, I think they had 6 areas that had 4-6 washers and dryers in each if I recall. Also have iron and iron boards. Have a great trip

Mary

Thanks for the responses. We were on the Ryndam several years ago and just wondered if the service was still available.

We are doing a retirement Mexico cruise in Dec. and want to cut down on the baggage.

We will not forget our "booze and shoes" suitcase...still sneak the balcony beverages on-board..13 cruises and never been caught..maybe it's the shoes!! After spending $20 for 2 drinks at the Charlotte airport last weekend....get a grip...and we do tip very well.

Later,

KMW

Self Service Laundry's will NOT be found on the VISTA CLASS Ships. (The Zuiderdam, OOSTERDAM, Westerdam and the new NOORDAM--when it comes out.) The Ryndam--being an "S" Class ship--does have Self Service Laudriys as does the "R" Class Ships. I have no knowledge of the Prisendam.

FYI THE Following SHIPS DO HAVE SELF SERVICE Laundry rooms.

"S" CLass:

STATENDAM

RYNDAM

MAASDAM

VEENDAM

"R" Class

ROTTERDAM

VOLENDAM

ZAANDAM

AMSTERDAM

Himself

The Prinsendam also has 2 self-service laundries, one on the Main Deck and one on the Verandah Deck, I think. (Am leaving from FLL on the Prinsendam on 5/6, so hope they don't shut the laundries down between now and then!)

Mary

Archived