Upcoming Seabourn Voyages? Please post~~~

Martita B.

Hi Kathryn,

At least there won't be any Spanish ladies mid-Atlantic to sneeze all over you. We are spending a few days in Tenerife prior to the crossing and a few days afterwards near Ft Lauderdale - taking an empty suitcase to do my Christmas shopping!!!

Love Shelagh

Hi Shelagh,

Great minds think alike, we are having a couple of days at Sawgrass Mills after the cruise to do the Christmas shopping!!! That is as long as we make it there in one piece!!

Kathryn

hi shelagh,

i havent receieved any tour details in the mail yet altho i have checked them online. there are a couple that sound intersting altho mostly we prefer to do things on our own. its exciting tho and approaching fast.

henry

Hi Henry,

I agree, we usually prefer to do our own thing as well and shall do so in Copenhagen and Amsterdam as we have been to both before but some of the trips in Norway sound a bit more difficult and also we won't have much time because I think there are two days when we are difference places morning and afternoon.

Shelagh:o

shelagh,

i think the excursion which starts in gudvengen (sp?) takes you to flamm and meets the ship there. this is one we are considering. ill wait to see the booklet before deciding on anything else. cant go wrong either way.

henry

Henry,

Yes they do seem to be doing that one as well as the two separate ones. I have a friend who has been in the cruise business all her life and has done all the excursions and I usually take her advice as to the best things to do - I am seeing her for lunch next week so will take my excursion book with me!

Shelagh :o

Henry,

My friend confirmed the "must do" is the one you mentioned that included the Bergen railway - it doesn't appear that the afternoon excursion to Flaam includes that. The other one she thought might be good to do is the visit in Oslo to the Viking Ships Museum particularly as this appears to be a halfday excursion so one would have the rest of the day to explore Oslo. Also she says the museum is outside Oslo.

Shelagh:o

hi shelagh,

finally received my shore excursion book too and will definitely be doing the gudvangen to flamm all day tour. not sure about oslo yet since ive been told by several people its best to do it on ones own. the viking ships museum sounds like fun but sometimes i prefer walking around and seeing people and life as it occurs. still lots of time to decide and thats half the fun.

best

henry

There was an 'On/Off' bus tour stop right where the boat docks in Oslo (unless it changes this year!). One can buy the tickets at the little gift shop/souvenier shop right there. I found that more involved than the Seabourn Tour trip, which I took first to get the 'gist' of the city. One doesn't have to do both, imho.

Jane in PHL

If one of the tours involves the Flaamsbahn railway, I'd recommend it. This is an electric railway that goes from a little gingerbread railway station beside the fjord up to the Bergen railway line and does something like 13 tunnels and switchbacks in 15 miles. It is really fun.

Re: the Oslo Viking Ship Museum, all of this is located on Bigdoy Island, along with Thor Heyerdahl's Kon Tiki (original balsa raft) museum and the original (tiny) Fram that carried Nansen both to the arctic and antarctic. Also there is the sprawling Vigeland Sculpture Park which I quite liked. Hundreds and hundreds of monumental sculptures all done by one man, in bronze, iron, granite.. It's across the harbor from town, but ferries run constantly.

bgood

Pride Crossing (2006) Sailor's~~~

GOOD NEWS! Not only will we be visiting Funchal, Madeira on March 30th, but this year we have an extra added stop.......Ponta Delgada, Azores on March 25th. Those of you on the 2003 Crossing will remember our day in Ponta Delgada! A charming 'lit archipelagic isle, in the middle of no where!

Hasta Luego!

MB

Good morning Martha! Is this an additional stop or is it replacing Madeira? The itinerary on seabourn.com only shows Ponta Delgada......

After spending the last couple of days in "cruise-illness" (I'm learning that it IS, you know!), I just reserved a spot on the Legend, April 9-16, St Thomas/St Thomas for my first Seabourn cruise.... As of this date, only one cruise "behind" me, but 2 to come before next April. (It REALLY is an illness!)

I just hope I'm "done' for now!! (I'd better be!) Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Paul (single 53yo)

Memphis

Archived