NCL SEA Changing Ports?

scubajeff

Hello, my wife and I just booked the NCL Sea for January of 2005. Two days after booking for the ports Cozumel, Cancun, Belize, and Roatan, I got a brochure for NCL and in the brochure it shows a change to Cozumel, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. I cannot find anything on the NCL web site about the change. Anyone have any info on this??? I am not a fan of the change because it also takes away several hours at each port. Anyone have any info if this change is correct???????? I am not too happy right now.

"When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself"
G Thorogood

We were on the Sea in January, 2004, and the ports included Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, and Cancun. Some of the friends who were on our same cruise booked a follow-up cruise on the Sea leaving this Saturday, expecting the ports to change to include Grand Cayman. He wasn't very happy when they switched back to the original four, as he wanted to do the stingray encounter at Grand Cayman. He contacted NCL and was basically told "we reserve the rights to change the itinerary as needed". He did get a free one-category upgrade, but that was it.

My guess is that the brochure was printed before they decided not to make the switch. You will probably have to contact NCL in person to confirm, but I bet you will be doing the four ports. I think I read on the board somewhere that the port charges at Grand Cayman were too high and they decided to keep the original route.

NCL Sun 06/04
NCL Sea 01/04

Perhaps the Spirt joining the fleet had something to do with it. The five day western includes Cayman.

I checked the other day and the Sea will be staying on the original 4 ports until she leaves the fleet in April.

[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/sleepingfisherman.gif[/img]

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,
Norway 3/94,4/96
Dreamward 4/97
Dream 12/99
QE2 4/02
Carnival Spirit 7/02
NCL Sun 10/03
NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;22;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]  Alaska Sun

Just aback from the SEA...We actually got a $27.00 per person credit because they had already re-priced the cruise to include Grand Cayman. We were informed that the SEA will keep the current four port itinerary

Next....San Juan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Munkittrick:
Mark, you are right, it will be replaced in Houston by the Dream

Next....San Juan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the Sun goes to the Big Easy

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,
Norway 3/94,4/96
Dreamward 4/97
Dream 12/99
QE2 4/02
Carnival Spirit 7/02
NCL Sun 10/03
NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;22;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]  Alaska Sun

Hi!
In November 03 we booked (with a group) the [I]SEA[/I] leaving June 26th 04.
At the time, the ports were as they are now:
cancun, cozumel, roatan, belize.
Since then, the ports changed to include Grand caymen, and then sometime later they changed back.
I don't know why they did that - all I got was "we reseve the right to change ports" blah blah blah.

The travel agent didn't know anything about the switch when I called her to ask. I directed her to norwegian's web site before she would believe me.

I think it must be some negotiating tactic they use to get leverage in Belize or Roatan!

Although, that is speculation...

My understnading is the Sea will leave for Asia to be replaced by the Dream and the Sun will leave out of NOLA, this will not take place til the fall of 2005 so whatever is planned for the Sea in the next year and a half will not be affected. I am hoping we will go to Belize, Roatan, Cozumel and Cancun just cause I am not a Grand Cayman lover. Just my opinion. NMnita

ps: now we have won our primary we are off to Vegas and Calif for 2 weeks.

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

Archived