Hyatt Pier 66 Ft Lauderdale

39august

Droop, thanks for your review of Pier 66. I purchased the room throught Hotline so no doubt I will be relegated to one of the lanai rooms. I'm only there for one night so I think a lanai room will more than suffice for me. Only 21 more sleeps now until I will be winging my way down to Fort Lauderdale. :)

The hubby and I were celebrating our 25th Anniversary so we splurged. I think you will enjoye the lanai room as well. :D I know you are getting excited. I'm already sick of the weather up here in WA state. Between the cold/snow/hail/wind (It does not know what it wants to do), I would love to be leaving on a cruise like you guys! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

I will need a cab to Port Everglades. I wonder if the hotel will offer the Town Car/Suburban or if it'll be a regular run-of-the-mill cab that I arrive at the port in. :D

Laura, are you back yet?

Yes, I am now back. Sorry it was longer than I thought.

Laura

The hubby and I've stayed there in Jan. We thought it was really nice. At first we had booked a room from PL for two night. At first we had booked it for one night, then later we added another night. Through many of the threads I had been reading I had heard that the rooms in the tower are better. We could not upgrade to the tower until the day of check in. At that time you could upgrade for $50 each night. The first night that we had booked through PL we purchased it for $85 total then the second night $108 total. So you can add the extra $50 to the room. We were on the !3th floor facing the canal and the view was stunning. We LOVED it. The staff was wonderful as well.

The water taxi is next to the hotel property and as others have said the cost is $20 per day pp. We found that the price goes down at I think 5 or 6 pm. to $10 pp.. This is a great way to get around without dealing with taxis. You also get a tour of the canal with the expensive homes and yacht. We ate at one of the many around the canal there.

The cost to the pier can run around $8 pp through a van or like others have said you can take a taxi. While we were staying there we had rental car so the parking is an extra I think $20 a night. We turned in the car the last night in the afternoon so we would not be charged the $20.

We did eat at the restaurant which is next to the water taxi stop. The food was pretty good and the cost is comparable to others around the area.

cons: the cost for using the computer at the hotel was expensive (which we didn't use). The cost of sodas,candy etc in the sundry shop were a little on the high side. So I would pick up some items while you are in town with the water taxi etc. The cost for parking car was I think $16 or $20. :o

Pros: It's a great place to watch the ships come in. The staff were great. Beds were very comfortable. The rooms were a nice size with a stunning view. :D

The hubby and I were celebrating our 25th Anniversary so we splurged. I think you will enjoye the lanai room as well. :D I know you are getting excited. I'm already sick of the weather up here in WA state. Between the cold/snow/hail/wind (It does not know what it wants to do), I would love to be leaving on a cruise like you guys! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Thank you for all the great info. That would be great if we can take a town car instead of a taxi.

Laura

Re:Thank you for all the great info. That would be great if we can take a town car instead of a taxi.

You are most welcome. Please enjoy the weather for me while you are down there. I hear that it's very nice right now. :)

Re:Thank you for all the great info. That would be great if we can take a town car instead of a taxi.

You are most welcome. Please enjoy the weather for me while you are down there. I hear that it's very nice right now. :)

I will, thanks.

Laura

Archived