Non-alcoholic beer

mazeke

My husband and I prefer Busch NA(non-alcoholic)beer and it isn't sold onboard the Conquest. The rules for Conquest allow each person to carry-on 12 cans of non-alcoholic drinks. Has anybody done this, and if so, were you allowed to keep it? The reason I am questioning this is because even though it is called non-alcoholic it still has a (very) slight percentage of alcohol in it.Thanks

Hi,

Sorry haven't been on Carnival with non alcoholic beer but we were recently on Allure of the seas and carried on 24 cans , we were sent to the checking area when we were boarding and they looked at it and waived us on when we explained it was non alcoholic.

Stopped in port and picked up another 24 cans, they confiscated them until I complained to the right person and the case of beer ended up getting delivered to our cabin with 6 free beers for the inconvenience.

In Canada this "beer" is sold in supermarkets and can be bought by children if they want. When we picked some up in Target in the States we had to show ID even though we are both almost 50 !

Think it would take drinking 24 cans before an effect was even noticed, the alcohol level is low .05 I believe.

The cost on the ship was $3.95 a can , not bad.

A few cruises back, my husband successfully took a six-pack of O'Douls. We went through security and they stopped him and the conversation "alcoholic vs non-alcoholic" started. My husband kind of dug in his heels and they were busy and I think the security person was tired of talking in circles on the subject and finally just waved him through.

But... I have recently checked with our PVP and she did some double checking. Technically they are not allowed.

We are going on the Conquest in a few weeks and might try it again. Only $5 on the line so I think it's worth a shot.

You can always look for Becks non-alcoholic or Holsten. Both are clearly marked as zero alcohol products right on the label. They are bottled normally so don't know if that will affect how many you can take (definitely heavier to carry)

I prefer the taste of the european non alcoholic beers (tried some Polish and Russian stuff if you can believe it).

Glad to know they actually might have something at the bar to break up my drinking just water as I don't drink booze and I gave up pop/soda so that basically leaves juice or water. Rather boring but what can you do.

• 7 months later...

You replied to my question about taking non-alcoholic beer onboard. You said you were sailing the Carnival Conquest in a few weeks so I am wondering if you tried to take NA beer onboard and if it was allowed. Thanks.

Archived