It doesn't like I am going to get my Early Saver Refund

I booked ES, and there was a price drop of $75 last week, and since there are two of us that should be $150 onboard credit (the way I see it). Well, I called, filled out the form, and I have heard nothing. This call and form were done on Thursday, March 1. On Monday, March 5, I called and was told to keep checking email. Yesterday, I called again, and I was told they were backed up and only up to the calls through Feb. 29. Today, still no email, and we cruise on Sunday. I'm assuming I won't get the onboard credit. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I've *heard* but never experienced someone getting OBC for ES while onboard. Hopefully someone can confirm this. I know this isn't a huge help, but may give you a little hope :)

Thanks! I've never read much about it. This time we didn't book with a pvp, we just called and booked directly over the phone. That may have been a mistake.

I think as long as you were eligible for it when you sent the ES form, you will get it. It will just be a matter of when you will get it.. I would speak to guest services once onboard if it is not resolved before then. Maybe they will be able to help you get the credit to use onboard instead of a credit card refund once you are home. Good luck:)

We sent one in on March 1st and got the auto reply that they received it. Never got a reply that it was approved. Sent another one for more in on March 7th. Again we got the auto reply. Tonight we had an email about cabin confirmation for our April cruise. On that it showed all OBC showing up even though we never got the email confirmations. I checked the cruise manager and it shows up there tonight as well.

It looks like they are getting caught up - emails just are not happening.

Keep checking your cruise manager at CCL. It should show up.

I believe they are behind. Three weeks ago I sent a price drop in,had a drop in balance,three days later. This time has been almost a week and nothing.

Like other posters said,it should be there in time.

If its for the same cabin you will get the OBC. Have you checked manage my booking to see it is there? I found the closer I got to my cruise the quicker the response. The last ES form I completed I got an answer the next day...by the way Thanks to CC! I have over $400 in OBC for our three cabins on Destiny for Tomorrow!!!

I have also read here of people who got credit card refunds post cruise for delayed OBC approvals.

When we sailed this past November, the price dropped on Monday before we left on Saturday. I sent in the form and heard nothing from them before we sailed. When we returned, I sent an email asking about the price drop and I received an email back stating they would be crediting my credit card and they did!

I booked ES, and there was a price drop of $75 last week, and since there are two of us that should be $150 onboard credit (the way I see it). Well, I called, filled out the form, and I have heard nothing. This call and form were done on Thursday, March 1. On Monday, March 5, I called and was told to keep checking email. Yesterday, I called again, and I was told they were backed up and only up to the calls through Feb. 29. Today, still no email, and we cruise on Sunday. I'm assuming I won't get the onboard credit. Anyone else have similar experiences?

A couple of years now I've found my cruise on sale, I always book early saver. Last year I found a drop 5 days before we sailed. When we went to our cabin there was a card on the vanity with the price drop on it.

I would keep calling until you leave, but do not give up hope. Good Luck and have fun.

We sail in 4 weeks, so I called my PVP about one I sent a little over a week ago. Our PVP called the department that handles this and called me back. He stated that are behind with over 1000 price saver forms coming in. Said that they are doing them based on sail date versus arrival date of form to make sure individuals sailing this week receive their credit.

Where under "My Cruises" on the Carnival site can you see your onboard credit? Is it under the main cruise info page? I sent in a ES request 2 days ago and we cruise in 21 days. Just need to know where I can see the onboard credit in "My Cruises".

Thanks!

When we sailed this past November, the price dropped on Monday before we left on Saturday. I sent in the form and heard nothing from them before we sailed. When we returned, I sent an email asking about the price drop and I received an email back stating they would be crediting my credit card and they did!

How did you send an email asking about the price drop? To what email address? I'd like to try that since phone hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm really thinking I won't get it now, though, because I didn't receive an auto reply in email either unless it got sent to my bulk email and thrown out. I have checked and we don't have credit yet on the Carnival site.

To the OP, we didn't use a travel agent, we called and booked ourselves directly. We have used the same pvp for previous cruises, but not this time.

Where under "My Cruises" on the Carnival site can you see your onboard credit? Is it under the main cruise info page? I sent in a ES request 2 days ago and we cruise in 21 days. Just need to know where I can see the onboard credit in "My Cruises".

Thanks!

In My Cruises click drop down VIEW DETAILS - click VIEW CRUISE DOCUMENTS - pop up window click PRINT GENERAL INFORMATION SUBMIT

Sail in Feb 2012 - sent 1st price drop about a week before we sailed - got it before we left, sent 2nd price drop 3 days b/4 we sail, (sent on Thurs night, left on Saturday am, sailed on Monday) the OBC was on my S&S card on Tuesday morning -- I do think they are doing OBC based on sail date

Archived