What happens in drydock?

I have heard that the Vision of the Seas is going into drydock in '06. There are no sailings for about 3 weeks in early January so this makes sense. We are sailing on her in February and I was wondering should there be any major changes or is this merely a good opportunity for deep cleaning (steaming the carpets, etc.) Thanks for any info.

Actually things like carpeting, damaged or worn furnishings, etc. are frequently done while the ship is in service.

Drydocking is primarily for inspecting, scraping and painting the hull and doing various mechanical repairs and maintenance to the ship that can't be done while it's in service.

It is mandatory that the ships go into dry dock. They get a full Coast Guard Hull inspection. Every inch of the ship is inspected for safety.

Navigator Of The Seas

May 7, 2005

I have heard that the Vision of the Seas is going into drydock in '06. There are no sailings for about 3 weeks in early January so this makes sense. We are sailing on her in February and I was wondering should there be any major changes or is this merely a good opportunity for deep cleaning (steaming the carpets, etc.) Thanks for any info.

Is the Vision going to be streched?

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that the Drydock will be from Jan 3 - Jan 11. There is a 3 day out of LA, scheudled to leave on Jan 12 calling on Ensenada and Catalina. Question I have is will the 3 day "suffer" from any ongoing repairs mainentenace etc that would typically happen after a ship comes out of drydock. Would like to go on this cruise but am apprehensive.

Archived