Who to use for Harrison Caves AND sea turtles???

vossjemi

Our ship stops in Barbados from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. I'd love for my kids to see both the caves AND the sea turtles. What is the best way to do this? It looks like Glory Tours does a combo, but I'm a little nervous about booking with them due to recent reviews. And everyone seems to LOVE Silvermoon for the sea turtles part. Would we have time to do the caves on our own or book it with someone and then do Silvermoon? Or is there anyone else who offers a combo? What do you suggest? Thanks!

I have the same goal (both Harrison's Cave and sea turtle swim/snorkel.) E-mailed Glory tours (best option I could find) and their suggestion was to take their cave tour and then add on their glass bottom boat turtle swim for $101 pp total. Sounds like they basically hand you off to a different tour operator for the turtle part. Instead, we're going to take the Glory tour in the morning just to Harrison's Cave. From info on the boards it's aprox the same price as taking a cab each way independently plus entrance fee (and I won't have to worry about finding a taxi for the return.) We'll be dropped off at the cruise terminal after the tour and take a quick taxi to Paynes beach. There, we'll either swim out to the turtles or, if it seems too far, they have glass bottom boats there that will take you out to the turtles for $20 pp. I also understand the boat guys will negotiate. Figure this gives us the flexibility to stop for a quick lunch or even run up to the lido without having to commit to set timing for the second half of Glory's suggestion. Here's hoping it all works out for both of us! Interested to see if anyone has first hand experience or other suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on the fence with glory tours...waiting on more recent reviews to decide. But if we don't go with them, I thought about the ship ones, but it won't work to do two excursions as there wouldn't be enough time to switch up. Carnival has a Harrison's Cave Tour at 9:00 am that lasts 3 hours. And a Tiami Sail, Turtles, & Beach snorkel that starts at Noon. Too close.

Wondering if all else fails, would I have time if I booked the Silver Moon snorkel? Its from 9:30-2:30. Could I have them drop us off at the cave on the way back? Or would trying to get back to the ship by 5:00pm be too close?

Or should I just do a cave tour through the ship or someone else in the morning and go to Carlisle Beach, is it?, afterwards? If I'm reading this forum right, there are vendors on the beach who'll take you out to the turtles for $20pp? I read specifically to look for the Wildcat. If I do this, who do you recommend to just sign up to do the cave tour that will drop us off at Carlisle Beach when we are done?

Suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance!

i used scenic barbados 2 weeks ago (i just post a review of them) and they do a combo cave/glass bottom tour. it is much more exdpensive than their cave/beach one though. we did see the glass bottom boats (well one of them) at carlisle beach picking up people. it was too far to swim out to, at least for me. i don't know how much the glass bottom boat was independently of scenic barbados, but i would recommend him as a guide.

I did e-mail Glory Tours about dropping us off at the beach after Harrison's Cave. She said they'd be happy to do this if the beach was on the way back to the pier. I hope that works for Carlisle since I know that's close to the pier. Since Glory is aprox $20 pp less than Carnival for Harrison's Cave -- and if they'll drop us off at Carlisle (where posts do say you can use a vendor at the beach to take you to the turtles) it will be a heck of a savings (especially since we're a family of 3.) Lot's of "if's" there but hoping it works out!

• 2 months later...

Anyone done this combo cave/sea turtle tour lately with either Scenic or Glory Tours? Worth the price? Or just do the cave portion and drop off at Carlisle Beach to secure your own boat to the turtles? Cheaper? Did it work out? Any tips to do both at the cheapest and most convenient way for a family of 5 would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I am returning to Barbados in January and your thread caught my eye. I had never been there before and no boat shore excursion caught my eye, so we (5 women) went through the teminal where all the boat trips were gatheing and asked the cop there if he could recommend someone who could drive us where we wanted to go for the day. He signalled over a nice middle aged fellow, we negotiated $40 pp for the day and off we went in a lovely air conditioned van. He was sweet and talked the whole time, and we choose the stops. Earthworks is great, a local pottery shop in beautiful surroundings, and they pack your purchases up for transport, then the caves, which are a hoot, you will know what I mean when you go. Then he drove us through Bathsheba, and we has a scenic tour of the island. No crowds, no rush, it was fantastic. You wont be disappointed

Archived