Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Can anyone returning this weekend from Indy, Liberty, Serenade, or Rhapsody provide updates for us?

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen started 6/2 and will be there until 6/30, then "cultural director" Jerome Sueur will take over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16. Can someone confirm the changeover?

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started mid-June

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa *Can someone confirm the changeover?

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen returns on 6/30 for 4 weeks.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard *Anna Bass starts in mid-June (Can someone confirm the changeover date) until July 27

Serenade OTS - Rich Edwards *April 14 through June 22; then Ricky Matthews

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup

Voyager OTS - Fang Lixin *Started in Shanghai (date?)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Dan Whitney, Gordon Whatman

How can they put Jimmy Rhodes on the Allure??? He is in my opinion one of the worst, least natural, annoying, hard to understand CD in the fleet.

This doesn't sound good. I sail on Allure the day he takes over. :(

Anyone know who is taking over as CD on the Mariner OTS after August when Carly leaves? We are on the Sept 1st sailing.

No info yet. Keep checking this thread...I will update as soon as the info is available.

OK...I got Rhapsody confirmation from a review thread. I will update the list tomorrow.

We are back from the June 15th sailing.

The cruise director Anna Bass and her staff were very good.

Still looking for confirmations from Indy, Liberty and Serenade

OK...I got Rhapsody confirmation from a review thread. I will update the list tomorrow.

ID is Joff now through to Oct I'm guessing

LB James Andrews then Leo Papa mid July

SR No Idea

Graham

But Freedom has Graham Seymour who is THE best CD in ENTIRE the Royal Caribbean Fleet!!!

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen started 6/2 and will be there until 6/30, then "cultural director" Jerome Sueur will take over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until mid-July, then Leo Papa

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen returns on 6/30 for 4 weeks.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - *Anna Bass started June 15 until July 27

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Fang Lixin *Started in Shanghai (date?)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Dan Whitney, Gordon Whatman, Luke Aerowsmith

Fang's last name is Lixin. (But usually he just goes by Fang.)

A slight correction.

Fang's last name is Fang.

Lixin would be his given name.

I understand Westerners get very confused with Chinese names so let me explain. When the typical Chinese write their name, we write our last name (or we call it family name) first rather than last.

Give you an example. The current President of China is Hu Jintao.

In Chinese, it is written as 胡锦涛.

Hu (胡) is his family name. Hence he is President Hu rather than President Jintao.

Hope this clarifies.

A few years ago we sailed with Mike from Canada. I think his name was Mike W. I havent seen his name around and was wondering if he left the fleet. He had told us on Voyager april 2009 or 2010 that his eventual goal was to be a royal candian mountie. Any one know of him or his whereabouts? An outstanding person as well as a great CD! We learned the value of a great CD from him.

IrelandVegas

A few years ago we sailed with Mike from Canada. I think his name was Mike W. I havent seen his name around and was wondering if he left the fleet. He had told us on Voyager april 2009 or 2010 that his eventual goal was to be a royal candian mountie. Any one know of him or his whereabouts? An outstanding person as well as a great CD! We learned the value of a great CD from him.

IrelandVegas

yes, Mike has left RCI to be a mountie

A slight correction.

Fang's last name is Fang.

Lixin would be his given name.

I understand Westerners get very confused with Chinese names so let me explain. When the typical Chinese write their name, we write our last name (or we call it family name) first rather than last.

Give you an example. The current President of China is Hu Jintao.

In Chinese, it is written as 胡锦涛.

Hu (胡) is his family name. Hence he is President Hu rather than President Jintao.

Hope this clarifies.

OOPS... I forgot. Thanks for the reminder!!! (I'm blonde, and I'm having a senior moment!;))

What's Jimmy Rhodes like? I'm due to sail on Allure in Oct when he's supposed to be on her

Thanks

Look back on this thread...there are lots of comments about him.

To be honest, he is my least favorite CD. Talks too fast and is difficult to understand. Very irritating. Not funny, but he laughs at all his own jokes. He seemed to be very scripted and I didn't think he was very inspiring of fun. Events and activities that we went to under his directorship paled in comparision to the same activities/events on the same ship a few months later with a different CD.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until mid-July, then Leo Papa

Rhapsody OTS - *Anna Bass started June 15 until July 27

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang *Started in Shanghai on June 19

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Dan Whitney, Gordon Whatman, Luke Aerowsmith

No problems. May I ask how long it took for you to reach Pinnacle Club?

Well, it's kind of hard to say.... because in reality we were Pinnacle before there was a Pinnacle Club. Started cruising on RCI in 1988. Had 100 cruises with them in about 2008. Hubby semi-retired in 2006 and we started doing longer and more exotic cruises with them during his semi-retirement days. Then really "cranked" it up after retirement in 2008.

Look back on this thread...there are lots of comments about him.

To be honest, he is my least favorite CD. Talks too fast and is difficult to understand. Very irritating. Not funny, but he laughs at all his own jokes. He seemed to be very scripted and I didn't think he was very inspiring of fun. Events and activities that we went to under his directorship paled in comparision to the same activities/events on the same ship a few months later with a different CD.

Oh boy! I will be on the Allure on his first cruise in September. After having had Graham Seymour twice on Freedom and Drew Divine once this is not good news for me. :(

hi Donna

do you have any menus or daily programs from explorer to post\\thansk so much

dana:)

I'm sorry, I don't. However, the menus are ;pretty much the same fleetwide, so if you can find menus for other ships, it'll give you a good idea of what to expect. I happened to really like the food in the MDR!

Oh boy! I will be on the Allure on his first cruise in September. After having had Graham Seymour twice on Freedom and Drew Divine once this is not good news for me. :(

Who knows? The schedule could change by then!

And some people really like Jimmy...maybe you'll like him too!

What's Jimmy Rhodes like? I'm due to sail on Allure in Oct when he's supposed to be on her

Thanks

Great guy, very approachable and funny!!! His laid back southern personality, his facial expressions and dancing ability will keep you entertained all cruise long. I'm kinda sad that it doesn't seem like he will be on our August Bermuda cruise, but it's a cruise, so we'll have just as much fun being entertained by Richard Spacey or whoever is leading the entertainment.

Archived