Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Great idea. I'll start with a pic of Dennis Charles playing Crew vs. Passenger water volleyball on the Serenade a couple years ago.

I don't have photos of any other CD's, other than what was in the Behind the Name Tags sheets. I think the candid photos will be more fun anyway.

Love your photo, Karen!!! Dennis is a fantastic CD!

great photo of Dan, mommabean.

Anyone else have CD photos that they'd like to share??

I actually wish I had better. Clearer. Frontal. But these CDs are moving so much it's hard to capture them with an ordinary point and shoot. I want to yell out "stand still, will ya?" then again, with thousands and thousands of pictures, a better one could be hiding in there. I may be able to come up with a good one of Bobby in a proper "skirt". ;) if they aren't too blurry. I haven't checked my most recent Australia cruises.

I have a photo of Richard and Leigh, but I can't seem to post it.

Don't try to post it direct to cc. The picture size here is never large enough. Use a free websites or photobucket account. I have both. If I had neither I think I'd use photobucket for this purpose. I think they make it a bit easier to use. Upload there, copy and paste the image link here, and the pic will be much larger and viewable.

This isn't quite the photo I had in mind but I'll post it anyway for the entertainment factor.

Introducing Bobby, your cruise director for the last 2 Alaskas and the Australia season on board Radiance of the Seas.....:D

2089043660100637652S600x600Q85.jpg

I've seen this skit more than once and it's funny every time.

Does anyone know who the Cruise Director will be on the Vision Aug. 2012? Also, how about the Mariner November, 2012?

;)

Mike Hunnerup started recently on Vision, so it's a good guess that he will still be there next month.

No idea who will be on Mariner after Carly leaves in August.

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen started 6/2 and will be there until 6/30, then "cultural director" Jerome Sueur will take over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). (Has the changeover occurred?) Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney then Jimmy Rhodes (Has the changeover occurred?)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until mid-July, then Leo Papa

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen returns on 6/30 for 4 weeks. (Has the changeover occurred?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - *Anna Bass started June 15 until July 27

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Luke Aerowsmith, Rich Edwards

We were just on Voyager OTS Singapore to Shanghai and enjoyed Gordon Whatman as CD. He said he would be back on the VOTS for its Australian season.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

We were just on Voyager OTS Singapore to Shanghai and enjoyed Gordon Whatman as CD. He said he would be back on the VOTS for its Australian season.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I added this info to the list.

Can anyone confirm that:

Jerome Sueur is on Adventure

Jimmy Rhodes is on Legend

Warren Allen is on Navigator

How about impending changes on:

Liberty

Majesty

Splendour

This isn't quite the photo I had in mind but I'll post it anyway for the entertainment factor.

Introducing Bobby, your cruise director for the last 2 Alaskas and the Australia season on board Radiance of the Seas.....:D

I've seen this skit more than once and it's funny every time.

If he did it in March when we were on the Radiance, we missed it.:eek:

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen started 6/2 and will be there until 6/30, then "cultural director" Jerome Sueur will take over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). (Has the changeover occurred?) Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney then Jimmy Rhodes (Has the changeover occurred?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen returns on 6/30 for 4 weeks. (Has the changeover occurred?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Luke Aerowsmith, Rich Edwards

richard spacey send me a email he will be back on the explorer in 3 weeks he said and his birthday is tomm

richard spacey send me a email he will be back on the explorer in 3 weeks he said and his birthday is tomm

Dan Whitney is not on the ship. Who is there, I don't know.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey will be back July 28

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (Needs confirmation)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Rich Edwards

I see that Bobby Brown will be on the Radiance from end of August - does anyone know how long they stay on for? We will be on Radiance for the New Year cruise leaving from Sydney on 30 December.

Unless something unusual happens Bobby and Becky (his wife and team member) should be there for the entire Australia season, just like last year. They were there from Sept. - May last year. That's a long time though. And this year the season will be a little bit longer since the repositioning back is a little bit later. It's highly likely they will still be on board for your cruise.

Unless something unusual happens Bobby and Becky (his wife and team member) should be there for the entire Australia season, just like last year. They were there from Sept. - May last year. That's a long time though. And this year the season will be a little bit longer since the repositioning back is a little bit later. It's highly likely they will still be on board for your cruise.

Thanks for the reply - friends of ours had them on board for their cruise last year and loved them - but then it was their first cruise so had nothing to compare to. To anyone here who has had them as CD's - were they good?

Thanks for the reply - friends of ours had them on board for their cruise last year and loved them - but then it was their first cruise so had nothing to compare to. To anyone here who has had them as CD's - were they good?

I really liked them. Contrary to that last picture I posted, he's not an over the top in behavior type of CD, which is what I like. He articulates well with his mild Scottish accent. Her accent is a bit stronger than his so I sometimes miss what she says so I really have to tune in more when she speaks. They are both very nice people. He has a nice kilt. Somehow I managed to miss getting a good picture of him wearing it.

Gina

Becky is actually the Activities Manager. She really cares about activities for the guests and she loves to plan as well as host Progressive Trivia.

Every morning beginning at 6AM, they do a show on TV, that was taped the night before, about the days upcoming activities. They really make you want to get out of bed and start your day.

We were on the September 27 to October 31 cruises last year and had the privilege of spending time with them both on and off the ship. They are two wonderful people. Bobby is a wonderful Cruise Director and they both love to interact with the guests. You will not be disappointed.

Becky is actually the Activities Manager. She really cares about activities for the guests and she loves to plan as well as host Progressive Trivia.

Every morning beginning at 6AM, they do a show on TV, that was taped the night before, about the days upcoming activities. They really make you want to get out of bed and start your day.

We were on the September 27 to October 31 cruises last year and had the privilege of spending time with them both on and off the ship. They are two wonderful people. Bobby is a wonderful Cruise Director and they both love to interact with the guests. You will not be disappointed.

What was funny is that after being so used to Kirk and Dan who had been on RD for so long before Bobby, I was determined to not be happy with Bobby and Becky. :o Well, determined is probably the wrong word. I had just convinced myself that I wouldn't be happy with them - it would seem so wrong with them there - etc... No, it wasn't the same, it was different, but it was easy to adjust and I enjoyed them in their own way just the same. It probably helped when Bobby gave a lot the credit to his own success to my first favorite CD, Paul. :)

Gina

Archived