Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

What was funny is that after being so used to Kirk and Dan who had been on RD for so long before Bobby, I was determined to not be happy with Bobby and Becky. :o Well, determined is probably the wrong word. I had just convinced myself that I wouldn't be happy with them - it would seem so wrong with them there - etc... No, it wasn't the same, it was different, but it was easy to adjust and I enjoyed them in their own way just the same. It probably helped when Bobby gave a lot the credit to his own success to my first favorite CD, Paul. :)

Gina

You aren't referring to Paul Rutter are you?

You aren't referring to Paul Rutter are you?

I knew you knew who. Yes, my first favorite from my Enchantment of the Seas days with my first favorite concierge, Julian!!!!!!!!!!!! I already refer to those as the good old days. :D And now Paul and Bobby are taking turns on RD as you already know.

Gina

I knew you knew who. Yes, my first favorite from my Enchantment of the Seas days with my first favorite concierge, Julian!!!!!!!!!!!! I already refer to those as the good old days. :D And now Paul and Bobby are taking turns on RD as you already know.

Gina

How long has it been since you've seen Paul "in action"?:D I think age is playing a factor in his overall performance on board.

Unfortunately, our experience with Paul on our May 11th and May 18th cruises didn't make him one of our favorites. He lacked energy and enthusiasm in our opinion and his morning show was boring and made me want to stay in bed. :eek: His Activities Manager was less than organized and a real disappointment to us.

How long has it been since you've seen Paul "in action"?:D I think age is playing a factor in his overall performance on board.

Unfortunately, our experience with Paul on our May 11th and May 18th cruises didn't make him one of our favorites. He lacked energy and enthusiasm in our opinion and his morning show was boring and made me want to stay in bed. :eek: His Activities Manager was less than organized and a real disappointment to us.

I haven't seen Paul since Enchantment left Fort Lauderdale whenever that was. It's been a while now.

I don't think I've seen a morning show in all of my cruises. I don't turn on the TV although DH does sometimes when getting ready for dinner. Who is the activities manager now?

Gina

Here's a little Paul segment of commercial clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAigyWpPV0o

Here's a much longer cruise line demo for those with more time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bevgf4nwDk

There are more with a search.

I have to repeat I don't like the jumping around in your face kind of CD. I do have to admit that the best Quest I ever went to was led by Paul. He even got me ice for my knee. No one noticed until after it was over that the bridge of my nose was bleeding. :eek: And no, I was not drinking...not a drop. :p I got pushed over but I DID save the camera in each hand. :D

And I don't even like Quest.

Gina

I haven't seen Paul since Enchantment left Fort Lauderdale whenever that was. It's been a while now.

I don't think I've seen a morning show in all of my cruises. I don't turn on the TV although DH does sometimes when getting ready for dinner. Who is the activities manager now?

Gina

I didn't bring home the info sheet that you get on embarkation day that has that info on it but it's Darren somebody from England. He thought he was funny.:D

I didn't bring home the info sheet that you get on embarkation day that has that info on it but it's Darren somebody from England. He thought he was funny.:D

Now that IS funny. I can only imagine.

I found this clip of the real Good Ol' Days all in one. Even my first favorite captain is there. :) At about 1 minute 50 seconds into it the videographer (not me) zooms in on Paul and Capt. Srecko. Apparently they now call him Capt. Felix. It's probably easier to say.

Gina

I thought we weren't allowed to make negative comments for fear of hurting someone's feelings?

Or does that only apply to Concierges? (Or just to me?:eek:)

Gina

I don't think I've seen him since NV crossing in Nov '10.

He's one of my favorites. Reminds me of Keith. Sure, there's a physical resemblance - same size and shape. But, they're both older and, IMHO, more professional. :cool:

To me, the more in-your-face CDs are too silly and perhaps better suited for the Fun Ships?

I thought we weren't allowed to make negative comments for fear of hurting someone's feelings?

I don't think there are "rules" about negativism. I just made a suggestion that we not say things that are insulting and hurtful - about CDs or Concierges. Yes, I was the one who suggested that on both threads, but I have no authority to make rules in either place or any place else on cruise critic. People can take it as it means to them.

Some people like them more laid back and mature and most of the 50ish CDs seem to be that way. It's not that there's anything wrong with the other way. Apparently you and I don't like them that way. As for physical resemblance, Keith and Paul are both long and lean and in good shape, otherwise they don't have any resemblance. :) They are both mellow and professional and very nice people, too.

As for Captains..it's a free for all. :p Just kidding of course. Captains are people, too. ;)

Gina

I don't think there are "rules" about negativism. I just made a suggestion that we not say things that are insulting and hurtful - about CDs or Concierges. Yes, I was the one who suggested that on both threads, but I have no authority to make rules in either place or any place else on cruise critic. People can take it as it means to them.

Some people like them more laid back and mature and most of the 50ish CDs seem to be that way. It's not that there's anything wrong with the other way. Apparently you and I don't like them that way. As for physical resemblance, Keith and Paul are both long and lean and in good shape, otherwise they don't have any resemblance. :) They are both mellow and professional and very nice people, too.

As for Captains..it's a free for all. :p Just kidding of course. Captains are people, too. ;)

Gina

And you and I have been abiding by your suggestion!

Of course, we know another CD who's in good shape, don't we?:eek::cool::rolleyes:

That reminds me I forgot about Carly - she's in good shape, not a clown, towards the older half of the range, and also one of my favorites!

I was giving our impression of Paul Rutter after spending 2 weeks with him. I'm sorry I couldn't give him a glowing report.........he just didn't deserve it.

Keith Williams, on the other hand, is a wonderful, energetic CD. If Keith and Paul are about the same age, Keith must have stored up energy. Just spent 8 days on EN and thoroughly enjoyed Keith as well as his Activities Manager Thomas.

I was giving our impression of Paul Rutter after spending 2 weeks with him. I'm sorry I couldn't give him a glowing report.........he just didn't deserve it.

Keith Williams, on the other hand, is a wonderful, energetic CD. If Keith and Paul are about the same age, Keith must have stored up energy. Just spent 8 days on EN and thoroughly enjoyed Keith as well as his Activities Manager Thomas.

And this is funny because my perception of Keith is that he is more like Paul than any other CD I've cruised with. I found their style to be very similar.

And you and I have been abiding by your suggestion!

Of course, we know another CD who's in good shape, don't we?:eek::cool::rolleyes:

That reminds me I forgot about Carly - she's in good shape, not a clown, towards the older half of the range, and also one of my favorites!

I used to LOVE Kirk's Power Hour classes before they stopped allowing him to offer them for "liability" reasons. Is that who you mean? He's not a long, lean one but he's definitely in good shape.

Gina

Thank you to everyone that has been giving updates on the current cruise directors on all the ships. I'm trying to follow Allan Brooks and Kevin Spacey. Allan Brooks is my favorite!! We're going on Majesty this Dec and I wanted an idea of who the cruise director might be at that time. I've seen Dave Chapman, can anyone give me their opinions on him?

Thank Sheri

I used to LOVE Kirk's Power Hour classes before they stopped allowing him to offer them for "liability" reasons. Is that who you mean? He's not a long, lean one but he's definitely in good shape.

Gina

Gina,

Not Kirk.

We talked about someone else back on the old thread in February. I have what he and I call a blackmail picture :eek: from the Shippendales event when we brought the other ship back from Panama. Need any more clues?:rolleyes:

Oasis, as of last week, still has Amy Fickert for a director.

She does have a few irritating expressions like "my name is Amy and you are awesome" and "somebody scream", but I think her upbeat personality outweighs her overused expressions.

Gina,

Not Kirk.

We talked about someone else back on the old thread in February. I have what he and I call a blackmail picture :eek: from the Shippendales event when we brought the other ship back from Panama. Need any more clues?:rolleyes:

Now I remember this story. But I can't remember who. :o You can't say?

Gina

How quickly they forget! Abel:cool:

LOL....oh!! yeah!!!! He's more than in good shape. He's got a nice....ahem.....:p I've never cruised with him as a CD though. He's another one who goes back to Enchantment of the Seas. All the great ones were there way back then - probably only 5 years ago.

You should have asked if the blackmail pictures ring "a bell". :D

Gina

Just heard from Keith. He is still scheduled to sign off EN on Thurs 7/12 in Baltimore. Doesn't know next where or when.

Adventure OTS - "cultural director" Jerome Sueur has taken over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). (Needs confirmation?) Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17 until July 12. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey will be back July 28

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th. (Needs confirmation)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (Needs confirmation)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until mid-July, then Leo Papa (Needs confirmation)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July (Needs confirmation)

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen returns on 6/30 for 4 weeks. (Has the changeover occurred? Who will be CD after Warren)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - *Anna Bass started June 15 until July 27 (who will be the next CD?)

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Rich Edwards, Keith Williams

Archived