Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Just off the Grandeur and Rico Du Briel was stil CD and im sure he said he would be on for another while?

G

What date did you get off Grandeur?

This is the info I had: Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th

And then on July 16, someone confirmed that Luke was aboard Grandeur and was taking over for Rico at the end of that sailing.

Here's a portion of a post from Graham from another thread:

Again I am overwhelmed by your comments and kind words - THANK YOU

two days left ..big smile just had a great quest' date=' Drew has been great we meet up quick chat and he goes off setting his week up...that's how I like it always kinda a weird when you have a shadow for 7 days more so when you don't know the person, but thankfully Drew has done this long enough. He will bring his character to Freedom as he should and will be great.

Answers to your Questions

Not sure what the schedule is or if that Drew will be my fill will try and find out and post before home time, things can change quite quickly or not at all ...ship life

I will be returning

Sept 30th - Feb 3rd then Vacation

Return Apr 7th - July 28th

Then my 3 years are up and a different ship awaits have asked for a smaller ship with cruise to perhaps Alaska or New Zealand just to have a change of scenery.

Big Decision -

Sheperds Pie or Roast Chicken for the first meal home cooked by yours truly ....LOVE those kind of problems

All my favourite US shows have finished Boo Hiss Boo

Greys Anatomy

Homeland (Love That Show)

Dexter

Once Upon A Time

New Girl

Game OF Thrones

Thanks Again, Be Well

Graham[/quote']

Who is the current CD on Rhapsody since Anna has already left?

Is Richard currently CD on Explorer? (conflicting start dates have been reported)

What happens to Leigh Xuereb after Richard Spacey takes over as CD on EX? (goes on break? goes back to being Activities Director under Richard?)

Is Jimmy Rhodes currently CD on Legend?

Who is the current CD on Liberty? James or Leo?

Who is the current CD on Navigator? Simona or Warren (Warren was supposed to start on June 30, but recent cruisers have reported that Simona is still CD)

Has Luke started on Gradeur or is Rico still the CD (we have conflicting info regarding the changeover date)

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey will be back as CD on July 28. (Richard is onboard EX now - unclear if he has taken over CD duties as of July 19 or if there is an overlap on the current sailing)

Freedom OTS - per Graham: Drew Devine begins July 29th; Graham Seymour returning Sept 30th staying through to Feb 3th 2013; Graham returns Apr 7th - July 28th Then his 3 years are up and a different ship awaits. He has asked for a smaller ship with cruise to perhaps Alaska or New Zealand just to have a change of scenery Graham is unsure if Drew will fill in again Feb 3 through April 7, but will try to confirm and let us know. But, according to Graham, things can change quite quickly or not at all ...ship life

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du Breil until July 22 or 29? Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th. (needs confirmation - we have conflicting info regarding changeover date)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (Needs confirmation)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until mid-July, then Leo Papa (Needs confirmation)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen was scheduled to return on 6/30 for 4 weeks, however someone on that sailing reported that Simona was still the CD. (Can someone confirm the changeover? Does anyone know who will be CD after Warren)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - unknown

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Just off the Rhapsody today.

The cruise director is Casey, but I don't remember his last name.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27 (changeover needs confirmation)

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19

Freedom OTS - per Graham: Drew Devine begins July 29th; Graham Seymour returning Sept 30th staying through to Feb 3th 2013; Graham returns Apr 7th - July 28th Then his 3 years are up and a different ship awaits. He has asked for a smaller ship with cruise to perhaps Alaska or New Zealand just to have a change of scenery Graham is unsure if Drew will fill in again Feb 3 through April 7, but will try to confirm and let us know. But, according to Graham, things can change quite quickly or not at all ...ship life

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du Breil until July 22 or 29? Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th. (needs confirmation - we have conflicting info regarding changeover date)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until mid-July, then Leo Papa (Needs confirmation)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen was scheduled to return on 6/30 for 4 weeks, however someone on that sailing reported that Simona was still the CD. (Can someone confirm the changeover? Does anyone know who will be CD after Warren)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Can anyone returning this weekend help us out?

Is Richard currently CD on Explorer? (conflicting start dates have been reported)

Where is Leigh Xuereb? (on break? Activities Director under Richard on EX?)

Who is the current CD on Liberty? James or Leo?

Who is the current CD on Navigator? Simona or Warren (Warren was supposed to start on June 30, but recent cruisers have reported that Simona is still CD. And, Warren was only supposed to be on for 4 weeks, which would be over already)

Has Luke started on Grandeur or is Rico still the CD (we have conflicting info regarding the changeover date)

Has Anna started on Brilliance?

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27 (changeover needs confirmation)

Paul was hosting the production show yesterday on Brilliance, and he said that it was the last day/show for the dancers, but nothing about if it was his last day.

Got off Liberty yesterday, Leo was the CD for our cruise.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th; per Graham: Graham Seymour returning Sept 30th staying through to Feb 3th 2013; Graham returns Apr 7th - July 28th Then his 3 years are up and a different ship awaits. He has asked for a smaller ship with cruise to perhaps Alaska or New Zealand just to have a change of scenery Graham is unsure if Drew will fill in again Feb 3 through April 7, but will try to confirm and let us know. But, according to Graham, things can change quite quickly or not at all ...ship life

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July

Can anyone returning this weekend help us out?

Has Anna started on Brilliance?

Who is the current CD on Navigator?

Has Luke started on Grandeur or is Rico still the CD (we have conflicting info regarding the changeover date)

Where is Leigh Xuereb? (on break? Activities Director under Richard on EX?)

Does anyone know how long Leigh will be on the Explorer for? he was the activities manager on the 19th cruise.

He's been on since the beginning of May, and I think he came straight on over from another ship, so he is due to take a break soon. In fact, I thought he might have started his break when Richard came back on the 19th, in order for him to be back on contract to fill in as CD for Richard's next break.

Thanks for confirming that he is still on the ship, back at Activities Manager. He is my favorite!!!

He's been on since the beginning of May, and I think he came straight on over from another ship, so he is due to take a break soon. In fact, I thought he might have started his break when Richard came back on the 19th, in order for him to be back on contract to fill in as CD for Richard's next break.

Thanks for confirming that he is still on the ship, back at Activities Manager. He is my favorite!!!

I loved him also!

Okay thank you so much! He is my favorite to! I just got off the explorer yesterday and Richard was the Cruise director and Leigh was the activities manager. How long is their break usually?

Most contracts are 2 months off, 4 months on. However, they are highly variable! Some can be 6 months, or 2 months. Some can be divided amongst several ships. As long as I've been maintaining this list, I've seen all sorts of crazy combinations.

We were on the May 24 cruise, and Richard was the CD and Leigh the activities manager, but Richard was going off on his break right afterwards, so Leigh had already taken over some of the CD duties (like the morning show).

Both Richard and Leigh have requested to be placed on EX, so I imagine that they will keep on working together and switching off the way they have been. I think it's a huge bonus when they are both on the ship because they play off of eachother so well.

We are looking to book EX for January, and hope that Leigh is on the ship in either job then!

Oh OK thank you. On our cruise, Leigh also did the morning show. I agree, Richard and Leigh work really well together. I'm very happy they were both on the ship for my cruise. We are possibly looking to book in mid November on the Explorer and i am hoping Leigh will be there to. I will keep checking your list to see if there are any updates. Thanks!

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th ***see notation below

***Regarding Freedom, on July 24, Graham posted his schedule on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462 He stated that he was returning Sept 30th staying through to Feb 3th 2013; and then returning Apr 7th - July 28th. Then his 3 years are up and a different ship awaits. He has asked for a smaller ship with cruise to perhaps Alaska or New Zealand just to have a change of scenery. He added that things can change quite quickly or not at all ...ship life. (I cut and pasted this directly from his message)

Then on the same thread (page 3 and 4), someone who was at the farewell show on Freedom on July 28 reported that Graham announced that he was leaving the fleet for 6 months because he was getting married, and that after 23 years of doing the same thing, it was time for a change, which sounded like he wasn't returning at all.

It's kind of weird that Graham came to CC and posted his schedule, only to make an announcement of a drastic change just a few days later. Therefore I am not updating the list with any of this until we get further clarification. Hopefully, Graham will come back to either that thread or this one to clear up the confusion.

Paul was hosting the production show yesterday on Brilliance, and he said that it was the last day/show for the dancers, but nothing about if it was his last day.

We were on the same cruise! :-)

Paul was talking about Brilliance of the Seas orchestra, it was their last day in work (I know it from one other source, because drummer was from the same country as I am and one bartender told me that he is leaving on sunday in Copenhagen as well.

Btw.: It was the last cruise for Chris - activities manager, he told us he will be leaving during "Who wants to be a Royal Caribbieneir" game show

Nice flight

Shepherds pie when we got home mmmmmmm

Sorry for the confusion if anybody mis-heard

home until 30th sept returning to Freedom on that day until feb 3rd

During my time off yes I will be getting married to a lady who is the sports supervisor called Bex I have been seeing for 4 years...like to keep somethings private :p

Be well

Graham

x

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9' date=' then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life/ (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Just back from Navigator 22nd July,Simona still CD,but no idea for how long

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 (until when?)

We will be sailing on the Allure on 09/02/12 and somone on the meet & mingle board has posted copy of an email from RC stating that Alan Brooks will be or CD for this cruise. Below is a copy & paste of the beginning of the email that he was sent.

Hopefully somebody else has better information than I do. I sent an email to web_reservations, and this is the response that I got. Very disjointed and sparse information!!! It does indicate that Allan Brooks will be starting on 9/2/12 (our sailing).

Dear Mr. XXXX:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The following entertainment is currently scheduled for the September 2, 2012 sailing of the Allure of the Seas:

We will be sailing on the Allure on 09/02/12 and somone on the meet & mingle board has posted copy of an email from RC stating that Alan Brooks will be or CD for this cruise. Below is a copy & paste of the beginning of the email that he was sent.

Hopefully somebody else has better information than I do. I sent an email to web_reservations, and this is the response that I got. Very disjointed and sparse information!!! It does indicate that Allan Brooks will be starting on 9/2/12 (our sailing).

Dear Mr. XXXX:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The following entertainment is currently scheduled for the September 2, 2012 sailing of the Allure of the Seas:

Those emails are notoriously inaccurate. (For our cruise, it was way off - the CD we were told would be on our sailing was on a ship halfway around the world, and the actual CD was the usual one who was already on the ship.) I wouldn't put too much stock into whatever they say.

Several pages back on this thread, someone provided the email address for the person in charge of the cruise director's schedule. I haven't emailed them regarding this list because I feel that it's asking for too much. However, you might want to send an email for specific info regarding your individual sailing.

Archived