Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Will be interested to see how Leigh ranks among the CDs we have enjoyed in the past, although associating him with Becky Thompson (perhaps my very least favorite CD) doesn't augur well, IMO. We definitely will miss Clo and I was looking forward to sailing on the repo with Carly. My wife and her girlfriends have sailed on Jewel when Dennis was CD and speak highly of him.

Will be interested to see how Leigh ranks among the CDs we have enjoyed in the past, although associating him with Becky Thompson (perhaps my very least favorite CD) doesn't augur well, IMO. We definitely will miss Clo and I was looking forward to sailing on the repo with Carly. My wife and her girlfriends have sailed on Jewel when Dennis was CD and speak highly of him.

I wouldn't associate Leigh with Becky. He is more along the lines of Richard Spacey. He appears in a lot of Richard's parodies, and has a similar sense of comedy. He is very visible around the ship, but not in-your-face...very natural, friendly and personable. Leigh, Richard and Dennis are my favorite RCI CD's, so far!

On Aug 16th, he posted that he had 5 more days onboard the ship... then going home for a short spell.

Do not know who is replacing him.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. (end date?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass started July 27 (until when?)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12. (until when?)

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th, then Rich Edwards until Nov 7

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (exact end date?) (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Leigh Xuereb is covering until Sept 16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes until August 21. (who is the next CD?)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16 (until when?)

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August (end date? Who will be the next CD?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards (until Sept 14?) *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

I wouldn't associate Leigh with Becky. He is more along the lines of Richard Spacey. He appears in a lot of Richard's parodies, and has a similar sense of comedy. He is very visible around the ship, but not in-your-face...very natural, friendly and personable. Leigh, Richard and Dennis are my favorite RCI CD's, so far!

Thanks, you've made me feel much better although we'll still miss Clo. We enjoyed Richard Spacey when we sailed with him.

I just received an inbox message online from the RC page regarding my post, I asked who will be the CD on the Explorer in June of 2013…they said….Jimmy Rhodes. I am a little sad, I was hoping for Richard/Leigh. If anyone feels like cheering me up it would be great...:(

I just received an inbox message online from the RC page regarding my post, I asked who will be the CD on the Explorer in June of 2013…they said….Jimmy Rhodes. I am a little sad, I was hoping for Richard/Leigh. If anyone feels like cheering me up it would be great...:(

Those emails are notoriously incorrect. They told us that Jimmy Rhodes would be on our May sailing too, but Richard and Leigh were there, and Jimmy had already been placed on Legend. Don't put too much faith in what those emails say, especially this far in advance when (except for a few regulars on certain ships) the schedules aren't even set.

And, both Richard and Leigh have stated that they requested to be placed on Explorer, which implies that they plan to be there longterm (unless soemthing unexpected happens, like Leigh having to go over to Jewel for a month to cover).

I'm not just trying to cheer you up. You're really going to have to wait until a few months before your sailing to get accurate info about the CD.

On our Roll Call Thread for the 09/02 cruise for the Allure, ncb106 posted that he had conversation with Allan Brooks via FB stating that Allan will be our CD.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1244415&page=45

Yep and yesterday he posted on his allan brooks best cruise director page he back on the allure on the 2 i ask send ken a email to make sure also he applied he leaving on the 2 yeepee

Dbk64 here the entertament line up Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The following entertainment is currently scheduled for the September 2, 2012 sailing of the Allure of the Seas:

Headliner *********************************Mario & Daniel, Comedy Duo

Samba Dancer

Ice Act

Schooner Pianist **********************Paul O'Shea

Pub Entertainer ***********************Charlie Jourdan

Floating Centrum DUO ************Smooth Sailing

Jazz Quartet

Latin Quarter

Please note that the onboard entertainment is subject to change. For more specific information regarding times and locations, please consult the Cruise Compass once onboard.

Guests currently have the opportunity to preorder tickets for the complimentary aquatic, theater and ice shows onboard Royal Caribbean International’s grandest ships, the Oasis of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas.

From 3 months until 4 days prior to their cruise vacation, guests can view and reserve all the shows that will be offered onboard the above-referenced ships using the following link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/cruiseEnhancements.do

Additionally, once onboard, show reservations can be made at the Box Office or through the stateroom's interactive television system. The SeaPass card will act as the ticket for each show, and guests must take their SeaPass cards with them in order to enter the show venue. Please note, guests will only be able to book each show one time during their cruise vacation.

For assistance with preordering your show tickets through our website, please call 1-800-398-9819. Our agents will be happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have.

Valued Guest, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Allure of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Theresa Beirl

Customer Service Representative

Hi i am taking a cruise on the allure on sep 2 2012 i Will like to know what entertament Will be onbord

Sent from my iPad

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. (end date?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 2, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 2 to Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass started July 27 (until when?)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12. (until when?)

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th, then Rich Edwards until Nov 7

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (exact end date?) (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Leigh Xuereb is covering until Sept 16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes until August 21. (who is the next CD?)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16 (until when?)

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August (end date? Who will be the next CD?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards (until Sept 14?) *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Donna' date=' do you know why Jimmy Rhodes in on the Legend??? Just curious.

Anyone know where Jacinta White is?[/quote']

I was told that Jimmy was placed on Legend "because they needed him there".

Is Jacinta White a CD? Since I've been keeping the list, her name has never come up (that I recall).

I was told that Jimmy was placed on Legend "because they needed him there".

Is Jacinta White a CD? Since I've been keeping the list, her name has never come up (that I recall).

Thanks Donna. :)

Jacinta White is an activities manager. She worked with Jimmy Rhodes on our cruise last summer on Explorer and just wondering what ship she was on now.

Can anyone describe Ricky Matthews (nationality, appearance, etc)? I think he might have been CD on one of my prior cruises.

Thanks!

He's from Jamaica.

Here's a recent article about him from the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/meet-ricky-your-cruise-director/2012/06/28/gJQAvucgBW_story.html (I have to remember to add the link to this article the next time I update the CD list)

Those emails are notoriously incorrect. They told us that Jimmy Rhodes would be on our May sailing too, but Richard and Leigh were there, and Jimmy had already been placed on Legend. Don't put too much faith in what those emails say, especially this far in advance when (except for a few regulars on certain ships) the schedules aren't even set.

And, both Richard and Leigh have stated that they requested to be placed on Explorer, which implies that they plan to be there longterm (unless soemthing unexpected happens, like Leigh having to go over to Jewel for a month to cover).

I'm not just trying to cheer you up. You're really going to have to wait until a few months before your sailing to get accurate info about the CD.

Thanks for the info, I kind of figured waiting was the only sure thing but when I saw it come from the inbox and apparently from their page, I thought it was legit, glad to hear its not guaranteed! I will try and be more patient lol :)

Archived