Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 (until sometime in April) Clo O'Connor will be covering the break (April through July, exact dates unknown at this time) *Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Brilliance OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started January 26, then Paul Lancaster beginning March 31

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14 (until when?) *Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14, then Richard Spacey (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (April 21?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until March 16 and returns May 26 through early September. Casey Pelter will be filling in for Joff from March 16 through May 26

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from Jan 5 until March 21, then Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be on Legend beginning Feb 6 until he moves to Grandeur on April 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started Jan 5th. Rich Edwards should be returning from his break on April 8.

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet. *per Marc's FB page: Marc has tonsillitis, and if he is unable to work, then Erky from Turkey (the activities manager) is prepared to step up as CD to cover for Marc's sick days.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo Jan 19 until March 30 then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30, then Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a one week overlap)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Ken Jones April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup started January 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Graham Seymour January 8 until March 23rd. Then, Lixin Fang will be taking over the Asian season

I find it astounding that Amy Fockert has been on The Oasis since at least 2005. We are just off there, and whilst at first we thought her very good, had to make a formal complaint at Guest Services, for very inappropriate comments she was making during one of the shows.

I find it astounding that Amy Fockert has been on The Oasis since at least 2005. We are just off there, and whilst at first we thought her very good, had to make a formal complaint at Guest Services, for very inappropriate comments she was making during one of the shows.

Oasis has only been in service since December 5, 2009, so she has not been there since 2005. (And, CD's supposedly have a maximum of three years in a row on the same ship).

Many comments on CC and in reviews seem to agree with you, and she is not a favorite, so it is surprising that she is the regular CD of their largest and best ship. (I feel the same way about Jimmy Rhodes - I can't believe he is still a CD when he is also rather ineffective and there are much more talented activities managers/CDs who are a better fit for the job)

Oasis has only been in service since December 5, 2009, so she has not been there since 2005. (And, CD's supposedly have a maximum of three years in a row on the same ship).

Many comments on CC and in reviews seem to agree with you, and she is not a favorite, so it is surprising that she is the regular CD of their largest and best ship. (I feel the same way about Jimmy Rhodes - I can't believe he is still a CD when he is also rather ineffective and there are much more talented activities managers/CDs who are a better fit for the job)

I realise that. What a donkey I am. I was looking at the date the poster joined, rather than the date of the post. DOHHHHH.

Still, can't believe she is there.

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started Jan 5th. Rich Edwards should be returning from his break on April 8.

We just got off the Liberty yesterday (March 21). On the last night of the cruise after the Saturday Night Fever show, they announced that was Leo Papa's last cruise and was leaving to return to Cornell for his Masters degree in Hotel Management. They did not mention (or I don't remember) who was taking his place on the cruise that started yesterday.

We just got off the Liberty yesterday (March 21). On the last night of the cruise after the Saturday Night Fever show, they announced that was Leo Papa's last cruise and was leaving to return to Cornell for his Masters degree in Hotel Management. They did not mention (or I don't remember) who was taking his place on the cruise that started yesterday.

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 (until sometime in April) Clo O'Connor will be covering the break (April through July, exact dates unknown at this time) *Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Brilliance OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started January 26, then Paul Lancaster beginning March 31

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14 (until when?) *Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14, then Richard Spacey (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (April 21?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until March 16 and returns May 26 through early September. Casey Pelter will be filling in for Joff from March 16 through May 26

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from Jan 5 until March 21, then Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be on Legend beginning Feb 6 until he moves to Grandeur on April 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started Jan 5th until March 21. (Who is the current CD? Rich Edwards?)

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet. *per Marc's FB page: Marc has tonsillitis, and if he is unable to work, then Erky from Turkey (the activities manager) is prepared to step up as CD to cover for Marc's sick days.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo Jan 19 until March 30 then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30, then Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a one week overlap)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Ken Jones April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Graham Seymour January 8 until March 23rd. Then, Lixin Fang will be taking over the Asian season

Casey is great. I've had him as CD on Sovereign and Serenade. Easy to talk to if you see him around the ship. Runs a good Quest and Love and Marriage show. Glad to see he's still a CD on a RCI ship.

Thats great thanks very much for the update.

Yes Rich is now on The Liberty
I can also confirm Rich is now on Liberty. On facebook, he "checked in" on the Liberty on thursday.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

If your sailing is June 8, then it should be Carly. (We are sailing May 25 and expect to have Carly too.

Well, nothing you can do about that.

All I can say is Dennis was a pisser. Very hard working and entertaining.

He really added to our RCCL experience. Anyone who saild with him is very lucky.

I only hope Carly is half as good.

Enjoy your trip from one LI'er to another.:D

I see that Graham Seymour is on the Rhapsody for the Alaskan season.I'm hoping he stays on the ship for the repositioning downunder as I'm cruising the Honolulu to Sydney leg.I love his sense of humour.

Regards Elaine.

Dan Dan Mian.... or could it have been Dan Dan the Man ?:D

Either way if it was who I think it could be, not a favourite.

We just got off the Legend OTS this morning after a 7-nighter in and out of Singapore.

The CD is an American guy named Dan.

Onboard, he called himself Dan Dan Mian. (cater to the primarily Singaporean cruise passengers)

We just got off the Legend OTS this morning after a 7-nighter in and out of Singapore.

The CD is an American guy named Dan.

Onboard, he called himself Dan Dan Mian. (cater to the primarily Singaporean cruise passengers)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney (dates?)

I don't know what the problems are w/Amy. I just got off OA this morning and she seemed to be quite effective. I have to say that I didn't spend any time with her personally, but I was favorably impressed.

She did considerably more recorded tv shows than other CDs do. I found them to be serious (in an informative way) but still light-hearted. She didn't include nonsense such as dancing in a tutu or pushing dolls around on a desk until they fell to the floor. Instead, she had relevant interviews with key officers who you don't usually get to know - HR manager, sous chef, etc.

So, I guess if you're expecting a clown, she is not your type of CD.

I found her to be so much better than the CD on OA the last time I was there, that I actually said so in my comments (but I didn't name her predecessor).

I don't know what the problems are w/Amy. I just got off OA this morning and she seemed to be quite effective. I have to say that I didn't spend any time with her personally, but I was favorably impressed.

She did considerably more recorded tv shows than other CDs do. I found them to be serious (in an informative way) but still light-hearted. She didn't include nonsense such as dancing in a tutu or pushing dolls around on a desk until they fell to the floor. Instead, she had relevant interviews with key officers who you don't usually get to know - HR manager, sous chef, etc.

So, I guess if you're expecting a clown, she is not your type of CD.

I found her to be so much better than the CD on OA the last time I was there, that I actually said so in my comments (but I didn't name her predecessor).

everyone has a different personality and is turned on or off by different CD's. You find Amy OK but don't like her predecessor whereas I adore her predecessor! We're simply different in what we find as entertaining.

Independence OTS - Casey Pelter will be filling in from March 16 through May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 21 for the Asian season

Archived