Sunny Liston Tour -Return time an issue?

plan2travel

First timers to Celebrity/St. Thomas - we booked a Sunny Liston tour on 4/17/12. Because the ship leaves at 5:00 pm, we were concerned about his tour that would get us back to the ship by 4-4:30 pm and chose one that would return earlier. Now the start time for the tour we chose has been delayed and we could choose another tour with Sunny. If we choose the tour that gets us back to the ship by 4-4:30, should we be concerned about this timing? I know that lots of people recommend Sunny and I don't remember reading about late returns. Also, the ship docks at 8:00 am. Start times are 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 am. Is 9:00 am doable or would we be better off with a later time? (I guess this is why some people book the Celebrity tour!) I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks for your help.

First timers to Celebrity/St. Thomas - we booked a Sunny Liston tour on 4/17/12. Because the ship leaves at 5:00 pm, we were concerned about his tour that would get us back to the ship by 4-4:30 pm and chose one that would return earlier. Now the start time for the tour we chose has been delayed and we could choose another tour with Sunny. If we choose the tour that gets us back to the ship by 4-4:30, should we be concerned about this timing? I know that lots of people recommend Sunny and I don't remember reading about late returns. Also, the ship docks at 8:00 am. Start times are 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 am. Is 9:00 am doable or would we be better off with a later time? (I guess this is why some people book the Celebrity tour!) I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

we have been on a tour with him about 3 years ago. We were booked with Godfrey and he forgot to pick us up. After calling him, he sent someone from Sunny to bring us to Sunny's tour. But I guess both tours are similar: so the different pick up time only gives you more or less time to shopping. After this you do the sightseeing tour and in the end he will drop you at a lovely beach and will give you the pick up time to bring you back to the ship. As he is doing this daily, I am sure there will be no problems. I am thinking of booking him again on our next stop at St. Thomas.

I've never toured with him, but in general the well known tour guides on the island are very aware of ship departure times and the importance of getting guests back to the ship in time. All they need is one report of a customer missing the ship and all their business from reviews on these boards will be gone in an instant. So I'd recommend calling them ahead of time and discussing your departure time and the time you'd personally like to be back on the ship and see what they have to say. Then confirm it in the morning before your tour starts so your guide will have it in mind that day.

Archived