Upgraded Mariner level during Cruise

iflyrc5

Upgrades in star levels are only done on cruises if it is a "Grand Voyage." This would include not only the world cruise (which is one of the Grand Voyages) but also the other Grand Cruises (long cruises usually on the Amsterdam or Prinsendam). Here is the quote (pasted) from the FAQs for the Mariner's Club:

"If I become eligible for a higher benefit tier while onboard, when can I take advantage of the additional benefits?

For all cruises except Grand Voyages, your elevated benefits will take effect on your next Holland America Line cruise. If you cross a star level threshold while on board a Grand Voyage (based on days sailed), you will be upgraded to your new star level for the remainder of that voyage."

Hank

Interesting information - the folks we talked to said they had a notice to come to the front desk and were given their new Ship Cards showing that they had been upgraded from a 2 star to a 3 star during their 14 day cruise. I forgot to ask which ship this happened on but it would have been within the last 18 months.

Just looking to see if anyone else had this happen to them.

If your friends were actually doing b2b 7 day cruises, totaling 14 days then it's possible that they would have been upgraded mid-cruise since it would actually have been the end of one cruise before the start of their next.

Those are the only conditions that would warrant be upgraded during a cruise.

Hello,

I just visited your website and must say how much I adore your cats,I have one of my own. I also want to wish you lots of happy days on your retirement,my husband just retired this January,after working for the same company for 38yrs nuclear engineering. better now than never. Sounds like you love to cruise,we are just doing our first TA in April.

Take care and happy sailings

ilona and ed

Archived