Just back from Valor

JTAIME

To be honest with you I only went to one show at night and I can't remember what the comedians name was. The food was awesome in the dining room! I ate there 5 out of 7 nights. I loved the fish and chips also.

We were on the eastern cruise.

I have a different opinion of this cuise. We were a group of 12 on this same cruise and were dissappointed in the food. We sailed on the Conquest 2 years ago and thought the food was great but the food on the Valor wasn't very good. It seemed that there was no taste and strange dishes. If you are a steak person you could find this every night. We attended every night trying to find the great food but to no avail.

The two shows on formal night were good. Don't miss the show on Friday "A tribute to the 80's". We also had another performer, Yolanda Barber, who was really good. We only saw one comedian but were not impressed. Our friends went to the midnight comedy show and said it was good.

I don't want to sound negative but perhaps the problem was that we chose the exact same size, kind of ship as our first cruise that we knew what to expect. We have decided that we will try another line to see the difference. If this has been a different line or size ship we would have explored and found new things but that's how we learn.

Kroozers: We went on the Valor (Eastern) at the end of March. We arrived at the port around 11:15 a.m. and were enjoying a cocktail by 12:15. The lines appeared long but moved right along!

Yes I did stay in room 7434 and I did take pictures. I just have to get them developed. I loved this room! I balcony was huge and our bed faced the ocean. I was very happy!

I got to the Port of Miami early....around 10:30 or so.....and We did not have any magor waiting. Start to finish it mabey to 30min. This includes getting out of the taxi, sail and sign info, ect. The only down fall (if it is one) about getting there early is your room is not ready when you get on the ship.(Who cares?)

Again, I have to say I loved the food in the dining room. I ordered 2 differant items off every coarse. Just in case I didn't like one or because I wanted to try thingd I would never try at home. I have to say everything was great! My husband did complain that his Lobster was a little like rubber...but mine was fine. The first night I had a dessert that was called almond something. It was the rave of my table. Yum! It tasted like melted Nutella in a crepe.

Sounds like you had a great cruise and I'll look forward to reading your review!

My husband and I are on the Valor July 31 - Eastern Carribean as well. Did you do any excursions?

Our children will be away at camp. We usually cruise every Feb. with our children and a group of friends, but on this trip it will just be the two of us! We did the same thing last summer on the Miracle out of NYC and we had a great time.

Is there an adult pool on the ship? I love children, but last year on the Miracle there was a pool for adults only and the rule WAS enforced by the crew. It was wonderful!

Thanks so much.

Give me your email address and I can send you some pics of the room. Sorry there is people in them (Everyone always came to our room) .....but you'll get the idea.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=116193

Click the link above and I have posted pics of the room and others...all through the thread............

Me too Me too- PLEASE send me pictures Serene56@aol.com I have that cabin booked on the Liberty and i am worried about the door to the bathroom. who cares if there is people in the pics...I can look around them.

--------

About the food---since Carnivals menus are fleetwide---what you get on the COnquest is the same food that is served on the Glory. Chefs are different---but its all the same.

Question: Maybe you can help me since you just got backed from the valor. Overall, how was most of the woman/girls dressed on casual nights in themain dinning room? Basically, I wanted to know if I would be safe wearing a nice pair of jeans with w a dressy top (sequins maybe) and a dressy pair of sandels. Do you think this would be frowned upon?

Question: Maybe you can help me since you just got backed from the valor. Overall, how was most of the woman/girls dressed on casual nights in themain dinning room? Basically, I wanted to know if I would be safe wearing a nice pair of jeans with w a dressy top (sequins maybe) and a dressy pair of sandels. Do you think this would be frowned upon?

I think you will be dressed fine. You will find that that kind of dress is on every carnival ship out there. Lots of ladies will even be wearing capris.

It only states no shorts or tank tops allowed in the dining room. Enjoy. And when you come back-- please post and let us know if you "noticed" what others were wearing

Archived