Confusion over the time....Private Tours

rosej

We were just on the Coral Princess. On our 2nd day (a day before we were to be in Limon)...they had us set our clocks back one hour. They reminded us to always stay on ship time, so as not to miss the ship! Good idea.

We had joined a larger group that had booked Oscar Brown. When we first boarded the ship, the group leader told us we were to meet Oscar Brown at 8am. So, three days later when we arrived in Limon, my husband and I left the ship and walked to the end of the pier to meet Oscar. It was about quarter to 8:00. At a few minutes after 8:00 Oscar showed up.

The three of us waited for the rest of the group to show up. By 8:25, I decided it was time to get back on the ship and look for them. When I finally found them...they said they had meant to call and tell us that we weren't meeting Oscar until 9 am ship time. I told them, Oscar had been on the pier waiting since a little after 8:00 am ship time. They hurried, got the rest of their group together and we went on a great tour with Oscar.

Oscar is an easy going fellow and seemed fine with it all. I know many people say he will wait....but if my husband and I had not been out there at 8am (which is when Oscar thought we were supposed to meet)....I don't know if he would have waited around until 9am (especially since the ship had ported at 7am). The point of this is to illustrate that there can be misunderstandings and miscommunications with regards to time...especially if you are doing a private tour. It is one time in Ft. Lauderdale, another time on the ship and a third different time in Limon.

We were very thankful to the larger group for letting us tag along on their tour. Since so many write about Oscar...I won't go into detail except to say that we really enjoyed the tour and did eat at the restaurant at the top of the hill. I found to food to be very good. The view was wonderful too.

Archived