Do the ice shows conflict with regular shows?

tupper

I've read about the advice to watch the schedules and pick up tickets for the ice shows as soon as they become available, since there are only a few shows. My question is, on the nights that they are held, do these ice shows replace the "main entertainment" held in the main show lounge (meaning nothing big going on while ice shows going on)? Or are they held early or later than those shows, so you don't miss anything? I am trying to figure out if they conflict with the other shows, that you have to pick one or the other....as a means of "dispersing the crowds". So much to see and so little time to do it all, maybe I should have booked a longer cruise. ; )

We're wondering about how and when to get tickets for the ice show. We sent our son and his wife on a RCI cruise for their honeymoon, and they said they never got to see the ice shows. So, we are wondering when and where is the best time to get the tickets.

Guest OBAYbee

On all the Voyager class cruises I've been on, the ice shows were scheduled at times so not to conflict with any other show onboard. You won't miss anything. Their scheduling is pretty awesome and it's obvious when you see it that it was thought through.

Have fun!

Guest OBAYbee
We're wondering about how and when to get tickets for the ice show. We sent our son and his wife on a RCI cruise for their honeymoon, and they said they never got to see the ice shows. So, we are wondering when and where is the best time to get the tickets.

The first day when they tell you ice show tickets are available at Studio B DON'T go, let the others wait in a line. The line is awful and unnecessary. We waited a couple of days, went to Studio B the day we thought we could attend during their "ticket hours" and got plenty of tickets no problem. I think everyone rushes to get tickets to the first few shows so as not to miss getting to see it. No worries, it's the same show all week and numerous performances. Go when it is convenient for you. Don't waste a moment of your cruise waiting in line. All you need to do is send one member of your group and they can get them for everyone.

We had the opposite experience from OBAYbee. On Mariner, the first ticket distribution was in the afternoon after leaving Nassau. My sister and I sent our DHs off to relax and figured we would just wait in the enormous line we were expecting. Well, we got there about 5 minutes before the listed time. They were already handing out tickets. There were only about 30 people there at the time, so we walked right up and got the show we wanted. (Mariner was sailing full, so that wasn't the reason it wasn't crowded.) There's a board that shows the days and times of the shows and you pick one. When all the tickets for that show are gone, that's it.

Do not miss the ice show--it was really fun.

beachchick

Archived