ShipTour

palmtre2

You don't have to wait to get on ship to book ship tours. You can book online on Carnival's website. At the top of the home page, click on "Experiences & Excursions". In the drop down, select the port and all the offered excursions will show on the page.....click on the one you want and "order" it! Very simple

How and where do I book this tour? My dad would just love it and I don't want him to miss it.

It is called "Behind The Fun Tour." I don't know if your Dad has any health issues but, I've read the tour is a LOT of walking.

You don't have to wait to get on ship to book ship tours. You can book online on Carnival's website. At the top of the home page, click on "Experiences & Excursions". In the drop down, select the port and all the offered excursions will show on the page.....click on the one you want and "order" it! Very simple

Is that something new? I was under the impression that previously it could only be booked once onboard... it'd be nice if that's changed!

Is that something new? I was under the impression that previously it could only be booked once onboard... it'd be nice if that's changed!

Sounds like they're talking about ship excursions, not Behind The Fun tour itself.

I never have seen the Behind the Fun tour offered as an excursion before hand.

The two we've been on the, Glory and the Pride, were $90 per head limited to 16 people. Our first tour, on the Pride, lasted nearly 6 hours though they said it would only be 3.5 to 4 hours. The second was just under 4.5 hours on the Glory. I have heard some ships and/or itineraries have a shorten tour of 2 hours that is like $60 per head.

The two we've been on the, Glory and the Pride, were $90 per head limited to 16 people. Our first tour, on the Pride, lasted nearly 6 hours though they said it would only be 3.5 to 4 hours. The second was just under 4.5 hours on the Glory. I have heard some ships and/or itineraries have a shorten tour of 2 hours that is like $60 per head.

6 hours??? wow that is long...did you stop for breaks or lunch or anything like that?

It was long because we had a few budding engineers and someone from the hospitality industry asking a lot of questions. In fact we arrived on the Bridge after the 2nd group, that left an hour later, was finished. We did stop for a 1/2 hr break in the crew's lounge water was provided, but the only food we had was the pre-tour breakfast when we met up and some sampling from the Steakhouse dessert menu. While we did the tour of the photo studio a few sneaked off to downstairs to the Atrium lounge to grab a drink. The tour of the Glory went faster because not as many questions were asked, but all the same "stations" were visited but no dessert samples (I guess it's up to the pastry chef).

Thanks, straight to the excursion desk for us! Dad's pretty spry so we should be alright.

Enjoy your tour, I assume you are talking about the Behind the Fun tour. It is fun, but lengthy with lots of climbing steps & walking. My DH & I are (65/55) & had no problems. But anyone w/ mobility issues might have a problem. Again enjoy the tour, you get some freebies w/ it.

PS, we really enjoyed the tour. But I wish they would design a tour for just the bridge. Or maybe break it up into sections that you could choose which parts you want to see. It was a 1x thing for us, mainly because I have seen enough galleys/kitchens to last a lifetime. Do not wish to go there again.:eek:

Archived