What if you can't find a chair on the deck?

Most people would just find a chair further away from the pool.

There are always empty lounge chairs. Always.. why would you stake out ground near a chair instead of just going to find a empty lounge chair..

This is absolutely FALSE!!! I can recall several times on Fantasy class ships (that have been destroyed by adding the Waterworks), bow to stern, all decks where there was NOT ONE open chair or lounger!

How in the world can you make such a huge, broad-sweeping guarantee?

This is why next year's cruise we are getting a balcony. I always have my own space and it is facing the water.

Our boys don't like the crowded pools so no chairs there don't bother me.

One favorite place on the Fantasy was the outside decks that go around,especially around outside of the buffet. Could always get a seat there,had shade and you could ocean watch and was not noisy.

I brought this up last week somehwere so thought this would be a good thread to ask.

How insane is this? On the SPlendor we are on deck 3. Deck four,,by the deckplans,,is the outside deck under the lifeboats. Could I carry one of those folding chairs that comes in a bag onto the ship with me?

Then all I would have to do is go up one deck with my chair and plop my buns outside on a huge balcony.

Don't know why you couldn't.

Don't know why you couldn't.

I think it would depend upon how many carryons one can carry on. My wife will have a small overnight duffelbag and her purse,,I could have a small like overnight duffel bag and other duffelbag with soda, a laptop so a chair would be 4. Although I suppose my wife could handle the soada duffel,,she works out:D. But she may think I am nuts brinking a chair,,,but I bet she would use it !

IMHO I find it funny that people fight to sit around the pool. I paid for a cruise and I want to watch the ocean go by. It may be a little different this time since kiddos are going, but when I have time I am not going to fight to sit around the little pool when there is the big ocean there!!!:p

If you are not by the pool, you miss the opportunity of seeing people wearing very small bathing suits who definitely should be wearing cover ups or a tent instead.

LOL

DON

Most people would just find a chair further away from the pool.

There are always empty lounge chairs. Always.. why would you stake out ground near a chair instead of just going to find a empty lounge chair..

On conquest for instance .. go up one deck .. tons of empty chairs.

In the aft area by the other pool .. I always can find empty lounge chairs.

Just for those who want to be right in front of the pool its a issue. Get over it.. find another chair. Why waste your vacation on waiting for a chair for goodness sake.

I have to disagree with this statement. I have been on at least 3 cruises when there were some beautiful sea days and not a lounge chair to be found on any deck...On the Glory after about 20 minutes of searching DD and I spotted someone leaving a lounge chair on the deck above the Lido deck and ended up sharing it. On the Epic after searching everywhere, we ended up grabbing an open table and chairs on the Lido deck...we couldn't find a lounger anywhere. On the Elation after giving up searching for any lounge chair, we ended up in the aft lounge to read. In each case, I would say about a third of the loungers were occupied by inanimate objects and no we were no limiting our search to the pool area as we don't use the pool.

Archived