Belize and Liberty of the Seas

lilli

Two part question: we are a large group doing a private cave tubing excursion. I realize that Belize is Central Time and I believe does not participate in daylight savings. Does the ship stay on Miami time or will they change the clocks? Miami time will be 2 hours ahead of belize time now right?

Also, what time would people recommend to start lining up for the tenders? i realize the ship excursions will be first.

Two part question: we are a large group doing a private cave tubing excursion. I realize that Belize is Central Time and I believe does not participate in daylight savings. Does the ship stay on Miami time or will they change the clocks? Miami time will be 2 hours ahead of belize time now right?

Also, what time would people recommend to start lining up for the tenders? i realize the ship excursions will be first.

You will be on the ship's time, which is Eastern Standard Time and does not change. I would try to be one of the first people off the ship for the cave tubing, as it takes about 20 minutes from ship to shore, then you have to find your tour operator (we did cavetubing.bz and they were waiting right outside the tender area)

actually it may depend upon the captain. Sometimes we have been on ships time and other times we have changed to the area we are going to. Just make sure you have your watch set to the proper time which is the same time the ship is on and you won't have a problem.

Hope you enjoy!!

And ask your tour operator if they are on ship time or local time.

We made the mistake of assuming they would be on local time and thy were on ship time. Not every tour operates that way, though. Always better to ask and then it's a non-issue.

Archived