upgrade and category question

wulber

I was wondering if you are booked on a guarantee category and there are plenty of cabins available in all categories you do think you would be allocated a cabin in your category or would you get an upgrade to a better cabin.

I'm not sure how the guarentees work because I thought you would be left till the last to see what is left but people seem to say different by getting their allocation sooner.

Just a thought :confused:

There is no answer on how guarantees work as cabins are assigned by a computer. in that respect, you could get a cabin assigned within a few days of deposit or anytime up until departure, You really cannot figure out how it works or when the cabin will be assigned. Just bear in mind is that the guarantee category means you will likely be assigned the minimum

category in the class of cabins. For example of deluxe balcony guarantee would mean you would get the lesser balcony category and an inside

guarantee could net an unwanted or undesirable location or it could be a

promenade cabin or midship. You never know. The good news is that whatever cabin you are assigned you can call and change the cabin to another in the same category, pending availability.

I was wondering if you are booked on a guarantee category and there are plenty of cabins available in all categories you do think you would be allocated a cabin in your category or would you get an upgrade to a better cabin.

I'm not sure how the guarentees work because I thought you would be left till the last to see what is left but people seem to say different by getting their allocation sooner.

No one really knows for sure. Safe to say it will depend on some combination of the following:

• How many cabins remain in your guarantee
  • How quickly those cabins have been selling
  • How many cabins remain in the next category up, and the next, & so on
  • How quickly those cabins have been selling
  • Last minute no-shows
  • When you booked
  • What rate you paid for your guarantee
  • Whether or not you are a C&A member and if so, what level
  • If you booked with a TA and whether or not your TA does a significant amount of business with RC
  • Luck of the draw ;)

The only thing that you're gauranteed is that you'll have a cabin within the catagory you booked. If on the chance you're upgraded it generally will be an upgrade with the cabin class you booked. For example don't book an inside expecting to be upgraded to an Outside Window .

Generally someone books a Guaranteed Cabin because the price is favorable and they're willing to take the gamble. If you book for any reason other than that, than chances are you'll be greatly disappointed.

Archived