Tuxedo search?

Hi Everyone :)

I'm looking to buy a tuxedo for my 8yo son and was wondering if any of you came across them for sale? I'm thinking even a tux rental store that sells them at the end of the season? I don't want to invest much into it just want it to look good for a few nights as he is growing so fast I'm sure he won't get much usage out of it. Thanks for any leads!

On another note I found this Alfani Tux for my DH made from wool and cashmere, original price $495, on sale for $239. If you buy it by the end of today online, it's another 10% off with the codeword " RELAX " which leaves me at $192 and free shipping! I think it was over $100 to rent last time?

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/alfani-tuxedo-black?ID=486711&PartnerID=EMAIL2&BannerID=240

Hi -- I think the Macy's tux is beautiful and the price seems good. If you cruise twice, you would break even on the cost. Also, having your own tux custom- tailored makes all the difference.

For your son, I would try consignment stores or Goodwill. I don't know where you live, but here in North Texas, there are lots of Goodwill stores and some have boys suits and tuxes that are brand new. Also, consignment stores sometimes have them. Boys grow so fast, most of the tux and suits for them have only been worn once or twice.

That just my 2 cents -- Good Luck

Margee:D

Thanks for the suggestions :)

There is a brand new one at JCPenney for $40 on sale (but with limited sizes) for the whole set up, great deal! I will check out the consignment/Goodwill stores, that would be a good place to find gently used suits instead of the ones the rental place may be selling off, probably beat-up and dry cleaned to death. I have to wait until we are closer to leaving as he is at he point where he can have a 2 week growth spurt and suddenly nothing fits, and not for the same reasons as me and his dad ;)

Ok. I was on my phone when I posted earlier and couldn't get this link for you (easily). Here is a link to a page full of boys tuxedos on Ebay. There is quite a selection and the prices are pretty awesome :D

Wow, that page is terrific, excellent selections! Thank you so much for taking the time to get that for me! :D

Is this a great place or what? :)

Thanks again!

Archived