Royal Caribbean pre-paid gratuities reimbursed?

fendere

I'm trying to decide on $ amount to insure for our upcoming RCI med cruise and Rome land-based vacation. We signed up for MTD, thus the pre-paid gratuities are due at final payment. If for some reason our trip had to be cancelled after final payment is due which is in 4 days), would we be reimbursed the pre-paid gratuities since we'd not be sailing? Our pre-paid grat charge is $670. Doesn't seem like all that much in the grand scheme of things to add it into the total of our trip estimate for insuring purposes, but it actually bumps our premium to the next tier which is quite substantial. Anyone have experience with having to forfeit an already paid cruise and whether or not these gratuities are refunded?

But that is what I'm trying to figure out from others who've sailed RCI and may have had to actually cancel their cruise after pre-paying gratuities. Does RCI refund these gratuities? It is a specific question and one I cannot find the answer for. Our airfare is through reward points, so therefore I am insuring for change fees as well as paid taxes and fees on the award tickets. I just am trying to figure out if I need to include the money from the pre-paid gratuities.

Thanks! :)

Thanks, Guys. I just got off with RCI, and incase anyone else ever is looking for this info, if you end up not sailing, even up to the last few days prior to sail date, you are reimbursed pre-paid gratuities as well as taxes. Yay for me! Less to have to trip insure for! :)

Archived