Nassau Shore Excursions

DTMandM

We are cruising on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore 18 - 25 November 2012. The Nassau shore excursions offered through Carnival seem expensive and very limited. Looking through the internet I have found a couple of excursions that are not listed through Carnival that seem interesting and resonsably priced. I would like advice from any members that have booked some of these venues and what you thought of them and any advice concerning these tours.

Your post will most likely be moved to the ports of call under Bahamas threads.

I have done research on Nassau and found lots of very good reviews and recommendations about Pat and Diane's Tours. I booked with them for the Desserted Island Snorkel Tour.

Who did you have in mind?

You could go to Blue Lagoon! Carnival offers it as an excursion but you could also book directly through Blue Lagoon for cheaper rates. We went last summer and had an excellent time there. Beautiful property, clean beach, warm water and just really relaxing! It also seems popular for passengers to buy day passes at the hotels near by like Sheraton & such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again for all of your help. I am however asking two additional questions. 1. What is the dangers of booking excursions outside of the cruise lines? 2. Why are there so few offered through the cruise lines?

Thanks again for all of your help. I am however asking two additional questions. 1. What is the dangers of booking excursions outside of the cruise lines? 2. Why are there so few offered through the cruise lines?

The dangers are if they run late or have a problem that causes you to miss the ship, it is up to you to get to the next port or home. If you book a ship excursion and this happens, the ship will either wait for you or get you to the next port or home.

There are usually quite a few offered by the cruise line, it is possible that they are just not all showing yet as it is further out. Also, some places will not use the cruiselines as they have to have certain guidelines and insurances and such and they do not meet the ship standards, and also, the ship takes a nice cut of the excursion so they make much more if you book directly through them and not the ship.

We have booked with and without the ship, to me, it really depends on the time of the excursion compared to the time you are in port...do not cut it too close, especially if it is a water based excursion where you are depending on a boat to get you back on time...

If you are looking at anything specific let me know, we have been to Nassau a million times!

Archived