Help me decide...Cruise or Hawaii??

DeRon

We did the POA a few years ago, haven't sailed with NCL since that experience, I'll just leave it at that. However, the trip was still phenomenal simply because we were in Hawaii. We have done 2 land trips to Hawaii and the cruise, as well as multiple cruises to the caribbean. I would say do the cruise, and then fly over to Kauai and stay there for another 2 days, it will be more reasonable than being on the island for 9 days, get your fix of the sea, and you'll be in the best place in the world (while still on US soil!).

From your signature, it looks like you were on the POA in 2007. The Hawaii fleet pre-2009 was a very different animal compared to what it is now. A whole other (and much improved) experience.

I just wanted to put that out there in case any one else is considering it. When you hear from people who have had a bad experience, check what year they sailed!

From your signature, it looks like you were on the POA in 2007. The Hawaii fleet pre-2009 was a very different animal compared to what it is now. A whole other (and much improved) experience.

I have heard that, and if it is true I am very happy about that! Unfortunate for us that we went pre-2009, can't complain too much though, like I said we were in Hawaii after all!

I have never done the hawaii cruise, but have been to the islands 7 times. I love Hawaii! Since I come from the midwest, the biggest cost is the flight. So my wife and I spend at leat 10 days. We spend 4 nights on one island (usually Maui), and then hop over to Kauai for seven nights in a condo in Princeville. IMO, there is plenty to do for seven days. The condo is great because we can cook our own meals, do laundry, and relax by the pool after a busy day. The biggest minus are the chickens! Wild chickens love to make noise early in the morning!

Archived