Do you DREAM about cruising?

texaridian

I frequently have dreams related to cruising. Although each is a little different, there are several themes that I see repeatedly.

* I'm on the ship, but can't find my cabin; or I find my cabin and someone else has moved in.

* My cabin looks out on a grassy park. This was really weird before the Oasis actually brought that to life.

* I walk all around the ship and find food everywhere, but none of it is appealing to me.

* It's the last day of the cruise and I never found anything interesting to do. It's then that I realize our cabin steward never brought the daily news/activity letter.

* My cabin is smaller than the smallest I've ever been in (RCI).

* My cabin is HUGE, about the size of a small house.

* I'm at a foreign port and talking the language.

So, off the top of my head, those are the scenes I remember most. How about you? If you're a dreamer, please share. Thanks!

Carol

I have a recurring dream where I'm doing that exciting, first time walk around a ship I've never been on. In my dream the ship is positively huge, lots of bars, shops, activity rooms, pools, they just go on and on! I know the Oasis is big but this goes way beyond anything that could possibly be built.

I also sometimes have the dream about not being able to find the cabin, or I don't remember my cabin number. But more often in that type of dream I'm back in High School and can't find my locker or my next class!

After 15+ years of cruising I had my first last night.

We walked a long way to the ship, then lost my wife, returned the way that I came, found her and returned to the ship, only to tell her that we had to go back to the car to get our luggage.:eek:

No I dare not mention this to my wife, but I can tell you one thing. Coral Princess is at least twice the length that she once was, it must have been the last refit.:rolleyes:

john

• 2 months later...

I have a cruise coming up in 13 days. It's a cruise to Bermuda, and I'm going with my husband. I'm really excited about it, and last night I had my first cruise dream. Weirdly, in my dream, I was on a cruise to Mexico with 3 of my friends (I've never once gone on a cruise with friends). We got off the boat in Mexico, and it was very sunny and beautiful. Then my friend who is really health conscious and worried about getting sun burned pulled out a new hat that her parents had given her, unwrapped it from its packaging, and put it on. It was the biggest sombrero ever and was triangular. I was laughing at her in the dream, since she looked so funny! I have no idea why I dreamed this! Haha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do... A lot! One time I dreamed my husband made us miss it because he wouldn't get his bags packed. Just a few nights ago I dreamed I was boarding and didn't have a bathing suit, a dress, or my passport. Clearly, I do not like the idea of last minute packing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My usual cruise dream is that I can't find my cabin, and I can't remember the number.

One time I dreamed that my brother & SIL were on a cruise with us (they went on a cruise on their honeymoon 30+ years ago and haven't been on one since -- my SIL refuses). When we got to our cabin, I was thrilled because it was actually a suite (there is no way in HECK my husband would EVER pay to cruise in a suite) -- complete with full kitchen (stove, oven, full-sized frig, even a kitchen sink! Then we went to brother's cabin, and they had a bigger suite than we did, also with full kitchen.

The last couple that I've had have been about forgetting things. The penultimate one was set in the port of New Orleans (where my December cruise is leaving from). Arrived at port even before the ship did! We were walking around a cargo area of the port trying to figure out what to do until we could board (six hours away!) when I realized I did not have my passport. My dream personna was freaking out, but my real personna kept saying, "Relax, Donna. You're cruise is still some time away. You don't really need your passport right this minute." Then dream personna took over again and tried to come up with some way to get my passport in six hours.

The last dream I had, my husband had dropped me and my friend (who I will be cruising with) off at the port, and my friend had brought a dog. It wasn't even HER dog! Anyway, I put my carry-on stuff down in the car to hold the dog, and when we got out of the car, I carried just the dog, which proceeded to relieve himself on a diaper-clad toddler standing in line. As we were headed to the boarding area, I commented to my friend how unusual it was for me to board a ship without carrying anything on (the dog had vanished by this point). That's when I realized I didn't have my purse -- so no ID and no credit card! Tried to call my son, who was in the car with DH, but my phone didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

My cruise dream last week was a definate nightmare. We are cruising out of New Orleans with my parents in March. Anyway, we get to the port and that's when I realize there are only 2 pieces of luggage for the 4 of us going on a 7 day cruise!!! OMG!! My hubby hadn't put any of our luggage in the truck!

I will make sure when we really leave for the cruise that I put my luggage in the truck myself. I'm not gonna let that dream come true!!

Archived